Thread: Another Question about starship combat

Another Question about starship combat

Torpedo’s and Salvos... Torpedo spreads

Hey again everyone... here I go again with another question about starships weaponry in combat.

I hate to say this but i am a stickler for determining proper weapon accounting ... I realize the game is more aspect but for me .. something’s just don’t seem to hold water.. so I managed to find a way to work this all out .. (took me a month) But i think I have devised a way where i use the proper game way of damage through the rpg ..but also keeping it true to the actual ship and weapon systems that it truly has..I saw it more of perspective ... little more work for the GM .. but in the end gets the feel that i am looking for with me having my "accounting of weaponry satisfied" so far everything seems to work really good to this point ... but it has taken a lot of hard work and research on my part ... perhaps one day i show you all what i got going .. for now though .. just want to get some things worked out in my head... so on with my question

so now about torpedo’s so we all know that the Enterprise D could fire a salvo of upto 10 torpedoes at one time from the launcher it had and could be fired from forward or aft my question is .....

when firing torpedoes from the launcher are the torpedoes considered to be fired one at a time? orrrrrrrr considered to be fired 1 at a time from each launcher?.... and how is it take account when say i want to fire multiple torpedo’s like a spread at one or more targets ( i know multi-fire attack) how do i do spreads or salvos?.. and does the damage apply separately for each torpedo fired.

Example: I fire torpedo’s at a klingon bird of prey...and as captain i know i could fire a spread of 10 torpedoes but i know that’s a waste ..so i decide to end the fight quick i fire a salvo of 5 at the target .......

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to help me out
    Last edited by Korga; 11-23-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar
    =/\= Korga =/\=

Take that torpedo turn it sideways and what?!

Determining the exact megajoules expended on powering a phaser blast seems a bit, uh... it seems like it would slow down the game a little.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

hey thanks for the response but thats not the answer i was really looking for ... lol ...can anyone else help?
    =/\= Korga =/\=

and how is it take account when say i want to fire multiple torpedo’s like a spread at one or more targets ( i know multi-fire attack) how do i do spreads or salvos?
    The 'Spread' maneuver is on pg. 118.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Thank you for all your help
    =/\= Korga =/\=

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    The 'Spread' maneuver is on pg. 118.
    TDK - thanks for pointing out that page. I don't think the Spread maneuver was on the Maneuvers crib-sheet we've been using it so we were overlooking it in our last two sessions.