Thread: Whats it worth?

Whats it worth?

Have began to think about seeling some trek stuff and wondered if you had a complete set of Star Trek Magizines (ones with the tech briefings) what would you sell them at i.e. selling price
    Its me Eric R.

A quick (and thoroughly non-exhaustive) check on E-Bay shows that a single issue is selling between $1.25 and $9.00.

Rarer copies obviously demand higher prices.

You have three choices:

1) you can sell them one at a time for the highest bid.

2) you can sell them one at a time for price set within those boundaries above,

or,

3) you can sell the complete set at a fixed price (based on the likely average of high and low prices).

Each approach has its advantages, and each has its disadvantages.

The only other option I would recommend is to have them evaluated by a reputable dealer of collectables or by an insurance appraiser.

If you take them to a used bookstore, they'll offer you pennies on the dollar (they're almost as bad as pawn shops).

A reputable dealer will offer you a better price, but still less than what you might get at auction. He may (or may not) also demand to purchase them as a set, rather than piece-meal.

The insurance appraiser may charge you a fee, but he'll at least give you a reasonable guesstimate of what it would cost to replace them...(and thus of their "true" value).