Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ICON books?

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenS View Post
    Don't have the CODA books, a certain FugaziGrrl got all of mine (lol).

I plan someday to get them again but a couple of them are rather expensive...

Allen
    Allen, honestly, sometimes I feel a bit guilty for that. Thanks to your books, everyone in our group (which is by no means a big group) has a full set of the game-books. Yours I keep together on my bookshelf right behind me when I'm on my home computer.

A place of honor, you might say.

But, I'm sorry if our trade took the pleasure of the game away from your gaming group.

I have a near-mint pair of the core books I got a few years ago I could let go if the shipping works out for people.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Sorry to take so long for getting back to everyone.

I really am interested in certain LUG/ICON books and am also looking for a set of CODA ones.

Though LUG is more important, Noble Knight has them, but man shipping to Canada is killer.

All the ICON books, and the CODA books as well, are available free from a number of torrent sites. Can't post URLs as that's ag'in the rules, but they're there for the downloading.

I have the CODA ones, won't say where I got them, but the LUG ones have been harder to find. Oh well, I shall keep looking

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    Though LUG is more important, Noble Knight has them, but man shipping to Canada is killer.
    Where are you? NK's shipping to Toronto has always been reasonable...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Where are you? NK's shipping to Toronto has always been reasonable...
    The US Postal changed their rates this year, it's minimum $20 to ship some books now. That's too much for me man.

The US Postal changed their rates this year, it's minimum $20 to ship some books now. That's too much for me man.
    Which books?

Which books?
    For example I just made an order, not completed, to see how much shipping for;

Price of Freedom
    DS9 Core Book
    DS9 Narrator's Guide
    Player's Guide

The cheapest shipping option to me in Montreal is $27.42 at 14 - 60 Business Days.

If I spring $10ish more I can get DHL Shipping in 2 - 3 Business days ($37.99)

It goes up from there to a top rate of $72.75 for 3 - 5 Business days for USPS Express Mail International.

It makes me weep, cause that's on top of the $59.95 they are charging for the books.

Nearly $100 to get those 4 books? No thanks.

Which means you're basically paying US sticker price, heh. Ain't parity great?

EDIT
    It's gotta be a distance thing, because shipping everything in my shopping cart (7 items, including a boxed set) would be only two dollars more than your quote (29ish) for me.
    Last edited by The Tatterdemalion King; 03-04-2013 at 04:08 AM.

Which means you're basically paying US sticker price, heh. Ain't parity great?

EDIT
    It's gotta be a distance thing, because shipping everything in my shopping cart (7 items, including a boxed set) would be only two dollars more than your quote (29ish) for me.
    I am in Montreal man, it can't be THAT much further!?!

Well guess I will keep my eye out for a Canadian source

I am in Montreal man, it can't be THAT much further!?!
    It's about twice the distance. At least you're not in Halifax...

Well guess I will keep my eye out for a Canadian source
    I checked Blue Gryphon's site but nothing came up. There's probably a few floating around regular used bookstores, but I haven't seen anything in a game store in Toronto (not that we have many) in ages.