Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICON books?

ICON books?

I remember there was a place online where you could buy the lots of the all the ICON books (Trek and LotR) for a good price, anyone remember or have that link?

Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

No it wasn't Noble Knight

Are you sure it was ICON books? The fact that you listed Trek and LotR leads me to believe that you're looking for another site that was selling off the Decipher stock. I recall the company and bought quite a few Christmas presents for my Trek gaming groups.

Hills Wholesale Gaming

The Star Trek RPG is just about cleaned out but they have plenty of LotR books left.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

I've seen the books pop up on ebay and at my local gaming shops, but it's defiantly a hunt. I don't thing there are too many places to find the books now. Amazon has it, but the prices fluctuate widely.

Might be that place, all I remember was you could get lots, all the LOTR books for X or All the Star Trek books for Y.

If that was the place, then they might have changed as stock dwindled.

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    Might be that place, all I remember was you could get lots, all the LOTR books for X or All the Star Trek books for Y.

If that was the place, then they might have changed as stock dwindled.
    Yes, a few years ago they were selling complete sets; if I recall correctly you could get the Star Trek bundle for $35.

In addition to their website, this company has had stands at Origins and GenCon. They mostly sell card games, but occasionally dabble in RPG books.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I have fond memories or doing business with Hill's Games. Got several sets of Trek from them for $35 a piece. One for everyone in our group.

Also got the CODA Lord of the Rings set from them.

Glad to see they're still around. I may need to order another copy of the Helms Deep supplement to LotR since ours is getting a bit worn at the binding.

What a shame they don't have the sets anymore. Noble Knight is asking way too much for their CODA stuff. Sorry for the ICON confusion, it's been a LONG time.

CODA books are getting really expensive. But nothing will top the $700 someone wanted for a copy of ICON's TOS Core Book on Amazon, two or three years ago.

With the exception of things like that you can still assemble a pretty good set of books if you know where to look.

Do you use ICON, CODA, or a hybrid of the systems ?

Actually I don't use any of them, but am looking to get back in. I am working on something that requires a bit of Trek influence.

Cheers!

Many years ago it was Stiggybaby, I think it was Don Mappin that put people onto them and I got at least 3 ICON books/boxed sets. Sadly, they appear defunct now.

So, wait, do you need ICON or CODA books?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    So, wait, do you need ICON or CODA books?
    I think he needs both.

Don't have the CODA books, a certain FugaziGrrl got all of mine (lol).

I plan someday to get them again but a couple of them are rather expensive...

Allen