Thread: LotR Stat block

LotR Stat block

I just put this together for my online PbP game to make it easier to see what a PC can do. The stat block is based on the Star Wars Saga block, and I think it will make life a bit easier seeing what bonuses go with what.

CELDRAHIL Adv6

Medium Dúnadan Warrior 6
    Courage 6 Current 0/6; Renown 1; Corruption 0
    Init +6; Observe +6
    Languages Westron, Elven (Sindarin)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Defence 13; Armor 5 (chainmail, no hauberk, no nimbleness penalty); Shield (Large) +5 PB, -5 RAM
    Health 12; Current 0/72; Wound Level Healthy (no penalty), Hardy [-2 to all wound level penalties – Core p.147] Lion-hearted [may spend a courage to reduce damage by 1d6+vitality mod – Core p.149]
    Weariness hale (no penalty)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stamina +3*; v weariness +3
    Swiftness +6; dodge +6, evasion [roll 3d6 on Dodge, pick best 2 – Core p.103]; initiative +6
    Willpower +1; magic +1; v intimidation +1; v torture +1; v corruption +1
    Wisdom +1; v deception +1
    Speed 6 yards
    Melee unarmed +2 (1d6+5); Block +2
    Armed blades (longsword) +18 (2d6+10); Parry +24
    Armed polearms (spear) +9 (2d6+6); Parry +14
    Ranged bows (longbow) +12 (2d6+2)
    Actions 3, swift strike [+1 combat action per round – Core p.103]; Grp +2
    Atk Options Armed combat specialties [+1 to power attack, charge, defense manoeuvres with specialized weapons - Core p.122] Warrior Born [spend a courage to receive +2 to all armed and ranged combat rolls for a single battle - Core p.103]
    Special Actions Quick Draw [may ready a weapon as a free action – Core p.149] Valiant [make a TN 10 Bearing test to receive +2 courage for the length of the scene, may only be used once per game day – Core p.151]
    Attributes Brg 8 (+1), Nim 12 (+3)*, Per 5 (+0), Str 12 (+3)*, Vit 9 (+1), Wit 6 (+0)
    Racial Qualities Skilled [may add +2 skill points to any one, or +1 points to any two racial skill - Core p.72] Adaptable [+2 to swiftness – Core p.42] Dominion of Men [+1 courage – Core p.42]
    Order Abilities Evasion [roll 3d6 on Dodge, pick best 2 – Core p.103] Favoured Weapon [choose a weapon type, each advancement pick increases the skill rank by 2 instead of 1 – Core p/103] swift strike [+1 combat action per round – Core p.103] Warrior Born [spend a courage to receive +2 to all armed and ranged combat rolls for a single battle - Core p.103]
    Edges Hardy [-2 to all wound level penalties – Core p.147] Heroic Item [longsword +2 damage] Hoard [wealth equal to 50 silver pennies – Core p.148] Lion-hearted [may spend a courage to reduce damage by 1d6+vitality mod – Core p.149] Quick Draw [may ready a weapon as a free action – Core p.149] Valiant [make a TN 10 Bearing test to receive +2 courage for the length of the scene, may only be used once per game day – Core p.151] War-wise [+1 to Seigecraft, Armed combat, Ranged combat, and Unarmed combat]
    Flaws Dark Secret [Core p.154] Fealty [Core p.155]
    Trained Skills (+2 bonus with specialties) armed combat (blades:longsword) +16, armed combat (polearms:spears) +7, healing (treat wounds) +1, insight +1, inspire +6, intimidate (power) +3, observe (spot) +6, ranged combat (bows:longbow) +10, ride (horse) +5, siegecraft (ambushes) +3
    Untrained Skills (includes -2 penalty) acrobatics +1, climb +1, conceal -2, debate -1, games +1, inquire -1, jump +1, perform -1, persuade -1, run +1, search -2, stealth +1, survival -2, swim +1, teamster +1, unarmed combat +2
    Possessions Horse: Agrawaen, Herth-hathol (longsword, keen +2 damage), spear, chainmail, large shield

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

I love it, Tomcat.

Funnily enough, I spent quite some time a while back converting all the Star Wars Saga stat blocks into D&D 4th Ed versions - I don't play (or like) 4E, but I do like the way the stat blocks are set out.

But I love what you've done with this...I'm going to spend this weekend going through a lot of my LotR stat blocks with your magic wand in hand!!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Thanks, Aldaron!

Let me know if you see another Reaction situation that needs to be added. I wanted to be able to have a list of the reactions with appropriate mods from edges and abilites against whatever situation. I think I got them all.

Also, if you look at Willpower, you will see Magic - I use Willpower as the governing reaction for Magic, not Stamina. Any failure result of the tests will have the same Weariness effect from casting the spell. Multiple spell casts, and spells that are active will incur the penalties to Willpower tests on future castings. The Willpower casting test result will also set the TN for any victim saves.

These blocks would work for Trek, too.
    Last edited by Tomcat; 01-25-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher