Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loosing a friend.

Loosing a friend.

A long time friend & fellow gamer Charlie Brown has a heart attack last wesnesday & they did a triple by-pass on him.He hasn't woken up & the Dr. said today he has a 5% chance of making it through the night.He & have hung out & gamed for over 30 years now.Gaming just won't be the same if dosen't pull through.

I've got a gamer friend named Charlie Brown too. I'm praying for your friend.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Thank you Sarge.

Prayers and best wishes.

Thank you. His brother (who also games with us) called this morning & they said they we weaning off the pain killers & he showed some response but they didn't increase his chances of recovery.He's still got brain activity for right now,but if they turn off the machines he'd be gone in seconds.I know I'm at that age when you got to expect it but I'm tired of losing friends.We've lost 4 other friends & now we're close to loosing another.

I had a quadruple bypass 5 1/2 years ago and it changed my life - literally. When I had my bypass I also had a stroke. They had to keep me sedated for 2 weeks and thought I might die... I'm now on disability and in a nursing home. I was only 50 when I had my heart attack. So, there's a chance. Keep pulling for Charlie.

Thanks Owen,He just turned 50 on Feb. 11th & now this.He's still hanging on tonight.No change but he's still fighting. His brother & I are going down to Columbus Sunday.We were going today but his brother couldn't take a 2nd day off work so.Besides Sunday a bigger group can go down together & see him.Hopefully his mother will be able to get here from arizona.

I'm sure a visit will mean the world to him. Even though he may be unconscious, people often are somewhat aware of visits. While I was under, one thing I do remember was my mother telling me "Don't pull on that." Seemas I kept trying to pull out my feeding tube. They eventually had to pierce my septum and wire the tube in. So talk to him, tell him what he means to you, hold his hand and just send him good vibes.

We're going down as a group tomorrow & see him. Hopefullly they'll have some good new.We need some right now.His brother hasn't called & told any changes in his condition. I guess that good news.Hate to see him laying there with all those IV bags hooked up to him( I counted near 18 bags thee last 2 visits. I'm going to pass on word to him from his daughter ,who lives in Mrytle Beach , to get better.

At 9:30a this morning Charlie Brown weighted anchor & set sail for the undiscovered Country. He will be missed.Thank You all.

Set a course Mr. Brown. Second star on the left and straight on 'til morning...

Sorry to hear that. My condolances.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

...as long as we remember him...
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

My condolences on your loss. I'll remember him in my prayers.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

My sympathies and condolences on your friend's passing.

Cherish and remember the 30 years of friendship, gaming and good times.

May he kill his enemy a thousand times as he sails with the black fleet.