Thread: qang qeylIS chaDIch

qang qeylIS chaDIch

I'm running an adveture this weekend involving affairs of state, Klingon srtyle, and ran up a quick treatment of Emperor Kahless II, a.k.a. Kahless the Clone. the adventure is set at the end of 2381, when Kahless has been emperor for 12 years.

Name: Kahless II (qeylIS chaDIch)
    Position: Constitutional Monarch
    Assignment: Qo'noS and the Klingon Empire

Personal
    Race: Klingon (clone)

Attributes
    Fitness: 3
    Strength: +1
    Vitality: +2
    Coordination: 3
    Intellect: 2
    Logic: -2
    Presence: 4
    Empathy: -1
    Willpower: +2
    Psi: 0

Skills
    Administration (Feudal Empire) 2 (3)
    Animal Handling (Riding) 3 (4)
    Athletics (Running) 2 (3)
    (Climbing) (3)
    Charm (Seduction) 3 (4)
    Command (Feudal Empire) 2 (3)
    (Combat Leadership) (3)
    Computer (Research) 1 (2)
    Culture (Klingon) 2 (3)
    (Ancient Klingon) (3)
    Energy Weapon (Disruptor) 1 (2)
    History (Klingon) 1 (2)
    (Time of Kahless I) (3)
    Language
    thI'ngan Hol 3
    Federation Standard 1
    Law (Klingon Imperial Law) 2 (3)
    Persuasion (Oratory) 3 (4)
    (Storytelling) (5)
    Philosophy (Klingon) 2 (3)
    Planetary Tactics (Small Unit) 2 (3)
    (Regimental) (3)
    Planetside Survival (Mountains) 2 (3)
    Primitive Weaponry) (bet'leH) 2 (3)
    (meq'leH) (3)
    (Dk'tagh) (3)
    (naq) (3)
    Religion (Klingon) 3 (4)
    Streetwise (Carousing) 2 (3)
    Tracking (Game Animals) 2 (3)
    (Bipeds) (3)
    Unarmed Combat (moq'bara) 2 (3)
    (Brawling) (4)
    World Knowledge (Qo'noS) 1 (2)

Traits
    High Pain Threshold +2; Organ Redundancy (braq'lul) +2; Code of Honour (Klingon Code) -4; Clone -2; Famous Ancestor (Kahless I); Political Rank: Emperor; Religious Rank: semi-Divine Legend; Dark Secret Revealed (Clone of Kahless the Unforgettable); Implanted Memories (Life of Kahless the Unforgettable); Primitive (pre-Warp Klingon)

Other Statistics
    Courage: 3
    Renown: 1000
    Resistance: 5

Background Notes:
    Birthplace: Boreth
    Birthdate: 2369 (cloned)
    Early Life History: N/A
    Tours of Duty:
    Emperor of Qo'noS (12 years)

Kahless was cloned in 2369 by the monks on Boreth, as an attempt to fulfil Kahless the Unforgetable's prediction that he would return on a star he pointed out. Boreth is a planet on what is believed to be that star, where for centuries Klingons have made a pilgrimage in order to have a vision of Kahless. In 2369, he revealed himself to Lieutenant Worf, a Klingon-born Federation officer. Reluctantly, Gowron, then Chancellor of the High Council, accepted that many Klingons believed him to be the literal reincarnation of the original, and at the urging of Worf and many others, grudgingly allowed him to become titular Emperor of Qo'noS. When General Mortok became Chancellor of the High Council, he reaffirmed Kahless in his position, although he personally holds the clone in low regard. However, he sees him as a useful symbol in holding the Empire together. Kahless chaDIch (or Kahless the Second) is still regarded as semi-Divine by most Klingons.

Appearance and Personality:
    Height: 1.75m
    Mass: 100kg
    Complexion: swarthy
    Hair: brown, curly, worn long
    Eyes: brown
    Distinguishing Marks: none

Kahless cha'DIch is shorter than the average Klingon, and stockily built. Over the last decade he has gained a few modern skills, such as the basics of Computer Research, and the use of a modern Disruptor pistol, but remains vary much a manout of time.

I think Kahless II should wander the Empire, like Caine in Kung Fu.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

A Sam Jackson fan, are you? (cf. Jules in Pulp Fiction)

The session will be the payoff for a set-up I created several years ago. Basically, the PCs discovered a group of TOS Klingons in the Dyson Sphere. They were the surviving crew of the legendary Battlecruiser Vengeance (IKV bortaS), subject of a long-running holo-drama in the FASA Trek RPG. Klingon Dr. Keh'lef has been working on a cure (the one used by the Klingons in 2270 no longer works). Now that she has succeeded, there is to be a huge ceremony commemorating the event and beginning large-scale use of the treatment. Kahless and Martok will be there, presiding over the ceremony. They have brought a refurbished D-7 stardrive section to which they will attatch the original Command Boom of the bortaS. There are also going to be a few Vor'cha class Battlecruisers there, including Kahless' Flagship, the IKV bortaSwI' (IKV Avenger). Unfortunately, the IKS (Imperial Klingon State, a pocket emire from the FASA Triangle) has heard of the event and has infiltrated the city (being TOS Klingons who cut themselves off from the Empire when the Empire began the wholesale cure of the Augment Virus in 2269). They will attempt to kill Martok, and stop what they consider a crime against Humanity (Klingonity?). The presence of Kahless II will give them cause for pause as they still regard Kahless the Unforgettable as a demigod. They have brought their "big guns", a trio of L13 Battleships (FASA's Fat Man battlewagons).

Hope it all goes well tomorrow! I've put a lot of work into it over the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    A Sam Jackson fan, are you? (cf. Jules in Pulp Fiction)
    Or he could just hang out in Toronto like Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Well, the adventure went swimmingly. Klingon ritual, riots, a starship battle inside the Dyson Sphere, Kahless and Martok running the Imperial side of things from a refurbished D-7, 3 Vor'cha's facing off with 3 L-13 Fat Men, the lead PC taking out a K'T'Inga with a Runabout (rolled a 16 - gotta love that Drama Die!). Tal, the "Killer Targ" (a Feddie Tellarite with a Klingon girlfriend who has made a name of himself in the Empire) was stranded on the D-7 and pulled off a little Engineering magic. Seth, a Bajoran saved the Klingons' asses when the first Fat Man blew up by recognising the flash for what it was and getting the old D-7's command boom's shields up befor the blast wave hit them. Tal and Seth were both awarded the Order of the Bat'leth by Kahless II himself, and M'Rel was promoted and given the Grankite Order of Tactics. A good time was had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Or he could just hang out in Toronto like Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.
    I never really got into that show, but I did see one where he and his son were at a reception that got taken over by terrorists. There was a neat scene where the bartender gave him a drink, and when he said "That's good, what do you call it?" You guessed it! It was a Grasshopper. Other than that, I though the setup for the show was lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    I never really got into that show, but I did see one where he and his son were at a reception that got taken over by terrorists. There was a neat scene where the bartender gave him a drink, and when he said "That's good, what do you call it?" You guessed it! It was a Grasshopper. Other than that, I though the setup for the show was lame.
    I have a hard time taking any action series set where I get lunch seriously.