Thread: Star Trek Enterprise Season 5 on Netflix?

Star Trek Enterprise Season 5 on Netflix?

Apparently there's real talk of making this happen:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/s...tflix-Campaign

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekEnt...etflixCampaign

http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/25/bran...-for-season-5/

The suggestion has been made that the left episode, "These Are the Voyages," be ignored and that the Series revolve around the Romulan War.

What do you think?

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

If it gets made, I'll probably watch it. But I'm not interested enough to make a donation to see it.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

I would be rather happy to see Trek again on TV. I may even donate for that.

When I saw the thread's title, and the current date, my first thought was of an April's Fools...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Alas I will watch it, but I am not a fan of Enterprise.

I think everyone who knows me on Facebook wishes I'd shut up about this. Let's just say I'm a supporter and leave it at that.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Assuming B&B aren't involved, (or if RDM or any of the BSG writer's room is involved) it might have some chance of not being terrible, but... I don't actually want to see those characters come back. I wouldn't mind, conceptually, some other group of people flying the NX-01 around fighting Romulans, but we already have Space: Above and Beyond.

If they're doing another Trek series I'd like something new in terms of concept.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I would love to see a fifth season of ST:Enterprise...as long as the abomination that was "These Are the Voyages..." is rendered apocryphal and everyone comes back.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Regarding the TNG episode they ran instead of doing a proper series ender, I've always regarded it as a historicall inaccurate simulation. For one thing, it gets the uniforms wrong, and shows the NX-01 years later without the refit. I consider the insultingly off-hand way they killed off Trip to be another inaccuracy. All told, a last gasp from Berman and Braga putting their feeble stamp on things after being upstaged all season by the new team.

I'm afraid I can't see Paramount/CBS going ahead with this. It sounds like something that was "leaked" 3 days ago...

I just wish they would bring some form of Star Trek back to TV. I miss having new adventures and such.

Rehashing Enterprise isn't what I want, but if it turns out to be all we can get I'll take it.

For the very few of you who haven't been spammed by my over on Facebook, the ENT S5 campaign has a contest going.

The prize is a resin model of the Daedalus class starship.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Hopefully we'll get the Kzinti episode! (If it happens)
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!

if this went ahead, would it be a full season in length? (20-24 episodes) Or more like a series of movies, or a miniseries?
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!