Thread: New Series: Star Trek 2199

New Series: Star Trek 2199

Hey, everybody.

I've not played any iteration of Star Trek RPG for many years now, and I was thinking about an online game using the ICON system from Last Unicorn Games.

There are a couple of problems, primarily that I don't know how to use Google+, which is (as I understand it) one of the best ways to run a game of this sort.

Anyway, what I was thinking was something like retrofitted NX-class ships, which included the separate engineering section, or maybe the next generation of those ships. Something like an Icarus-class, but with a saucer instead of a sphere.

I also want to use the uniforms worn by the crew of the U.S.S. Kelvin in the Star Trek film reboot. I really like how those uniforms look.

In this Series, the Federation is nearly four decades old, but there are still serious problems between humanity and the Vulcan, Andorians and Tellarites; the UFP is not one big happy family even 40 years on.

I don't want to give too much away, but suffice to say that there will be plenty of Klingon action and Romulan intrigue as well as the return of such foes as the Malurians, the Tholians and the Gorn. I have a list of six Episodes already written out, and have been working on a few others over the past several months, so I think that I may have a good start on what I want to run.

Would there be any interest in such a thing?

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

I am generally interested in any 23rd century action, and particularly in the "Lost Years" between Founding and TOS. Please, share.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Of course you must share. One persons campaign is everyone elses research!

Does your title sequence have the USS Eagle flying past technicolor planets...

http://kevinmccorrytv.webs.com/planets99.jpg

...and lots of explosions?
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

That pic reminds me more of Space:1999 than Star Trek.Kind of expect to see an Eagle in it.

That picture is from Space 1999 the opening credits
    Live Long and Prosper Technically
    Bernard Guignard
    Project Manager TreknoGraphx
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trekno...yguid=89237652

Quote Originally Posted by B Guignard View Post
    That picture is from Space 1999 the opening credits
    Thought it look familier. I was going to run a Space:1999 game using FASA Trek;Then I thought about using Traveller,but I'm the only 1999 fan in our group. Oh well,would have been fun.