Thread: LUG Trek Character Builder?

LUG Trek Character Builder?

Does such a program exist? Something that lets me click and select, but does the heavy lifting and math for me?

Thanks in advance.

AslanC,

I've got a program from 1999/2000 called 'Star Trek The Next Generation Role Playing Game Character Creator (RPG Character Creator)', version 1.4, by Larry Widing. It doesn't work on my Win7 machine (I haven't bothered trying to get it to work, dunno if it will with tinkering). I've had it forever, and I know that you can design characters in it, but I haven't used it in a really, really long time. IIRC, it works in XP.

I've sent you a PM with my email address, if you send me a message I'll zip it up and pass it along. Maybe it can be made to work again.

Anomaly

I'd like to see a copy of this programme, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    I'd like to see a copy of this programme, too.
    It's Reliant's Character Builder, which was taken over by Larry Widing, and was hosted here before TrekRPG changed hands. The amusing thing is that Aslan used to host the program on his Trek Geocities page waaaaaaay back in the day, so him asking about it made me giggle.

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...cter+generator

If anyone is interested in the program, send me a PM with your email address and I'll pass it along. I note that gmail will not allow a .exe file to be received, so if you're using gmail we'll have to find another method (and I have to send it via my aol address).

Edit: Oh, I've discovered it does indeed work with Win7. It's two different .exe files (one called Random and one called Design). The Design exe doesn't work, but you can design a character inside the Random GUI. It's slightly buggy, as there are some data files that seem to be missing, and it only has the basic overlays / templates, but it is easily expandable to allow for new overlays/templates/customization. I used it some in the past, but I've not toyed with it in many years, so I'm assuredly no expert on how it works.
    Last edited by Anomaly; 04-10-2013 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Added info