Thread: Into Spoilers

Into Spoilers

Found this the other day; it is supposedly from a preview viewer who is spilling the beans about the villain for Star Trek: Into Darkness.

Some of you have no plans to see this movie, so this will make you hate the Abrahmsverse more. Some of you liked the last one, and are looking forward to this one, so you might hate ME more. For my part, I just really wanted to know who the hell the bad guy was, and well let's just say I'm beginning to HATE it when studio execs, comic publishers and show runners LIE to me.

So, you have been warned. Spoilers are coming. Probably some spoilers in the thread if anyone discusses the link.
    http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/04/st...here-spoilers/

I was not intending to watch this movie (not in theaters anyway), so I did not think twice about reading all the spoilers in the article you linked.

Assuming this is not fake (who knows... I'm a hopeful guy), it tends to confirm what I thought this movie would be: an quirky action sci-fi movie, with the Trek universe slapped on it.

Although this is a bit worse, since it seems they are now slapping the whole plot and characters of ST TWOK on it.

With, shall I say, limited care for believability. And this comes from a guy who has always been a staunch advocate of suspension of disbelief.

I just hope the end as told in the post you linked is fake, because I would be at a loss to find any redeeming quality to Abrams' work.

I mean, seriously ? Injecting Khan's blood into a tribble ?

Anyway, thanks for this link
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

If this is legit... ugh.

If this is legit, then somehow Orci and Kurtzman mind-probed me to find out the worst possible Star Trek story that I can imagine and then scripted it. If this is true, I may have to go Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back end sequence on them...
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Here's another that seems to confirm the above... le sigh... let this all be trolling please.

http://www.startrek.com/boards-topic...-into-darkness

With a name like 'Into Darkness,' I was hoping they'd rip off Apocalypse Now. But, no, they can't even get that far.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Actually, now that I caught the full trailer in the theater where I went to watch Iron Man 3 (not bad BTW but I still think the 1st is better), this does not surprise me at all. I found very few things in the trailer that said Trek to me, probably even less than the one for the first movie.
    Ouch and ugh indeed.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

*snort*

Nothing whatsoever unexpected for me, unfortunately.

God I wish someone would haul Abrams' inept mitts off the Star Trek franchise. To think people used to complain about B&B - Abrams is making them look positively rosy!!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

The whole lead up to this and this spoiler remind me of something the writers on X-men did many summers ago: Magneto was supposedly dead, but some new guy showed up. He was white haired, had amazing magnetic powers, and a noble streak, but no memories. Hell, he was even drawn JUST LIKE MAGNETO. But they kept saying in all the press releases 'Joseph is not Magneto; he is not Magneto's clone. He is a new character!'

So, after a big summer crossover, guess what: He WAS a clone (well, I think they tried to cover it by making him some variant clone idea, but basically he was a clone). It just left a bad taste in my mouth. Almost any scifi/comic trope (time traveled Magneto, alternate universe, some shapeshifter thinking he was the real deal) might have worked, and a clone angle might have been ok, IF they hadn't spent half the summer swearing on a stack of Spiderman Clone Saga books that he wasn't a clone.

Lazy writing is just sad.

I'm going to see it at a matinee or wait for the DVD.Which is sad since I used to have to see Star Trek on or close to the release date. Haven't cared to when the 2009 movie came out or this one.They ought to let James Crawley & the Phase 2 team try.I'd buset my a** getting to the theather one the 1st day again.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorKnight View Post
    I'm going to see it at a matinee or wait for the DVD.Which is sad since I used to have to see Star Trek on or close to the release date. Haven't cared to when the 2009 movie came out or this one.They ought to let James Crawley & the Phase 2 team try.I'd buset my a** getting to the theather one the 1st day again.
    Yep, it's sad. I've seen every single Star Trek movie on the big screen, within a week of its release. I almost walked out of Trek 2009 (early on, at the Nokia product placement), and for the first time, I just won't be going to see the new Trek movie.

Couldn't be bothered even renting it, actually. Maybe, if I'm bored and it comes up on Sci Fi channel, somewhere down the track...I mght cast my eyes over it.

It's just sad.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

My crew and I (starshipessex.com) will be doing a full-court press to promote this film (and Trek fandom in general) in Utah.

After which- if these spoilers are accurate- I might just find a nice, quiet corner for some seppuku.