Thread: a GURPS game set in the Abrams Star Trek universe starring the Enterprise...

a GURPS game set in the Abrams Star Trek universe starring the Enterprise...

The basis for my storyline is going to be "My Name is Nobody", a 1973 western. In the film, a retired gunslinger is recruited by a young up and comer who wants to see his idol die in a blaze of glory. He envisions his idol going head to head with a gang of bandits on horseback called the Wild Bunch. The two form a partnership and take down the bad guys.

In my version, the Wild Bunch is a massive fleet of Klingon Warbirds that engage in raids all over the Galactic fringes. The gunslinger is a Klingon general who defects to the Federation after his own government tries to imprison him for sedition. The young up and comer... I'm trying to cast the players in that role. I suppose the trick in that is compelling the PCs effectively enough. In this, the Klingon Empire is becoming increasingly agressive; culminating in an armada of Klingon ships that goes "missing". The retired general, who once commanded the ships in question, accuses the government of sponsoring galactic terror when the ships turn up in several violent raids on the edge of civilized space. Starfleet dispatches the Enterprise to investigate. It's a story arc that I envision the PCs taking several adventures to complete.

Thoughts? Been hooked on this idea for a while.
    Last edited by BaronVonStevie; 06-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Really nice idea

Is it necessary that he defected to the Federation ?

Can't he just be hiding somewhere within the Klingon Empire and the PCs must find him?

Reminds me of "Tatooine Manhunt" a good old Star Wars D6 adventure where we had to find a retired general.

well he could have no choice but to defect. Abrams Trek likes to set up these elaborate action scenes so I was thinking it might be neat if the Klingons were ready to execute him and Enterprise arrives at the last second to rescue him. You might set it up in a way where it's up to the PCs to use the full breadth of the Enterprise's facilities for a smash and grab... of course in true JJ fashion you have to find a way to say the transporters won't work.

Just a thought. It's a big premise to work with. A defector was the first idea in my head, but I suppose he could also be a recluse sort of like Obi Wan or something. You could drop him on some remote world and have the Enterprise sent to find him.

I like the idea that the Enterprise is the only ship qualified to deal with it. Reminds me a lot of the show and especially the movies where something horrible goes down and every time Enterprise is the only ship in range or something.