Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Continues: WOW.

Star Trek Continues: WOW.

probably some of you have seen this, but wow... we need to show our support for these guys.

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/

Chris Doohan as Scotty is perfect!

Oh, this is just so damn cool!

Way better than Abrams-Trek!

The thing that actually surprised me was how well Grant Imahara mimics George Takei's voice. When I first heard him, while he was still off-camera, my ears pricked up and I knew straight away that it was Sulu...but then realising it was Grant from Mythbusters blew me away!

Still not completely sold on Bones yet, but I think he'll grow on me.

This is just awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, BVS!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I try to keep my true feelings about Abrams Trek under wraps most of the time; I know a lot of people who are being exposed to Star Trek for the first time through JJ's stuff and that's a good thing. He's bringing in new fans. As one blogger I read put it, that's why he deserves the center seat.

but yeah, the Continues guys delivered. watch that episode. It's so freaking good.

Good episode.

Just watched it again with Mrs Aldaron. She's in agreement that McCoy is the weak link (although Grant Imahara can go a bit overboard at times...but then, George Takei occasionally camped it up as Sulu) - he just doesn't have the feel of Kelley's Bones.

The others - especially Kirk - have their characters pretty much down pat. Kirk is tremendous; I mean, the guy actually looks nothing like Shatner, but his mannerisms, facial expressions, the way he holds himself, the way he walks: he's really nailed Kirk.

I loved the story, though. So very Trek - the ability to change minds, the greatest strength is knowledge and compassion, violence should always be a last resort: after the last couple of years, it's so refreshing to see the central philosophies of Trek back in some original form.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

I'll have to check this out soon.
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!

You won't be disappointed. It's pretty good Trek.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Better, worse or equal to Phase II? (If you are familiar with that series)
    Last edited by Thakowsaizmu; 06-03-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Pahse is not a word :\
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!

oh, way better. this series should get picked up by Netflix or something.

Thank for the link, I'll check that one.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

On par with Phase II I think, thought McCoy is horribly miscast is this one for sure.

Also, was it my imagination or was the computer voiced by Marina Sirtis?

It was not your imagination.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

The computer voice made me smile.

I don't know, after watching it, I think it is on par with Phase II, maybe a little under. But then, I have had the chance to see a lot more of Phase II. My Girlfriend and I watched the first episode of Continues, then I showed her the first two of Phase II. Then I discovered that she had never actually seen the Motion Picture. After my astonishment, we ordered pizza and watched the Motion Picture. We're going to do a Trek movie every night for the rest of the week! Woot!

But I digress. At any rate, I am going to keep up on it and see how the series goes. I also felt that Bones was miscast. But we'll see, it was only the first episode.
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!

I wish more of these were spin-offs.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry