Thread: TOS on Netflix!

TOS on Netflix!

I just scrolled through my SciFi TV section on Netflix and The Original Series is on it! I know, the stuff has been available on DVD for years - in fact I own a number of the VHS tapes that I bought in the 90's - but this is fantastic!

I know what my wife will have to sit and endure over the next few weeks!

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

ALL the series, including the animated, are on US Netflix, but for some reason not all the movies.

My sister offered to get me a year's subscription to Netflix, but I turned it down due to bandwidth concerns and the fact that you can't save anything.

Does Netflix show original original or CGI fx original?
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    My sister offered to get me a year's subscription to Netflix, but I turned it down due to bandwidth concerns and the fact that you can't save anything.
    Canadian Netflix also has significant library depth and retention issues. There's a lot of data showing that the vast majority of Netflix users in Canada have proxies to access the American version.

I recently lost my 1st and 3rd season TOS DVDs in a fire, and they've been unexpectedly hard to replace...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Canadian Netflix also has significant library depth and retention issues. There's a lot of data showing that the vast majority of Netflix users in Canada have proxies to access the American version.
    I do, but there are movies on Canadian Netflix I can't get on US too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Does Netflix show original original or CGI fx original?
    The remastered versions.
    chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    I do, but there are movies on Canadian Netflix I can't get on US too.
    I heard Warner pulled a lot of their back-catalogue from the US version for their own streaming service.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry