Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever Wondered? After the episode

Ever Wondered? After the episode

I've been watching BBCA reruns of NG, and I started wondering, as I do sometimes, what happens after some of those episodes? Sure, sometimes you know what happens to stuff, mainly from major arc episodes, like the Klingon Civil War or the Borg threat, but what about the more stand alone episodes?

For example: The Episode" Transfigurations": what is going to happen to the Zalkonians now? (I'm thinking something like the X-men movies, with a bit of the Ori storyline from SG-1 thrown in) Are they going to survive the ascension to a higher plane of existence? Are those cosmic Trek species going to accept them? What are the ramifications of the Enterprise's interference with this change/their culture? And when they've all 'raptured' up to a higher plane, who gets their stuff?

Or Ardra, from "Devil's Due"; she seems to act like she's getting out of jail (she just conned a whole civilization, I don't think they're going to give her a light sentence) and seeing Picard again. Would she?

I know some of this stuff is probably in a novel or short story that I've never seen, but it makes you wonder what happened to this race or that stellar phenomena or the other tech breakthrough that saved the day (would the Echo-Pappa 607 from "The Arsenal of Freedom" have been an asset to fight the Borg?, for example), but I'm just wondering if any of you ever had these thoughts, and what did you do with them (other than stay up all night, wondering about stuff).

One of the things I've always thought would be good would be some "where are they now?" type stories.

One of my favourite ones to think about was Jeremy Astor (sp?) from The Bonding. He ostensibly joined the House of Mogh, but was never seen or heard of again.

I've always thought that they should have altered Lt. Hawke's character (from First Contact) slightly so that he was Ensign Astor, just graduated from Starfleet Academy. It would have greatly increased the emotional impact of the scene where Worf is forced to kill him once he's been Borg-ified.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

The thing that gets me about the Zalkonians isn't the transfiguration (since I assume they just... leave) but that they had some sort of crazy powerful suffocation weapon which almost killed everyone. You'd think the Romulans would want that.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Yeah! Where did THAT thing come from? Were they so much more advanced than the FED? It cut through shields, affected members of different races, and made Data just stand there and do nothing.

Jeremy Astor is another great example; he did join Worf's house, where was he when they regained their honor? Wouldn't it be cool to have this human kid, then young adult doing a reverse Worf; being a human living with Klingons and serving on a Klingon ship? OR maybe he ends up being some kinda liaison between the Empire and the FED. If that happened, what was HIS life like where the Old Feud started up again on DS9?

How about a spin-off show focusing on the adventures of Paris & Janeway's salamander babies after the episode "Threshold?"

(I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    How about a spin-off show focusing on the adventures of Paris & Janeway's salamander babies after the episode "Threshold?"

(I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)
    Thanks, Sarge. I now have to put out my eyes...
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I want to see a spin-off about the alternate Paris and Janeway got home after the events of the third episode, Parallax. They'd have to bootstarp a warp-capable ship, but Tom IS a techie type - he designed the Delta Flyer (with help).

Great, now that you mention the salamander babies: Why does every other race: The Organians, the Metrons, the Q, and the Zalkonians ascend and become energy being with cool powers, but we become salamanders, without even opposable thumbs? And as a follow up; if you put the Salababies on a ship going warp 10, what do THEY become?

Disturbing

Ga-a-ah! My eyes - they're beeding!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Great, now that you mention the salamander babies: Why does every other race: The Organians, the Metrons, the Q, and the Zalkonians ascend and become energy being with cool powers, but we become salamanders, without even opposable thumbs?
    No bootstrapping. At least they didn't turn into a huge jerk like Mitchell.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
    I've always thought that they should have altered Lt. Hawke's character (from First Contact) slightly so that he was Ensign Astor, just graduated from Starfleet Academy. It would have greatly increased the emotional impact of the scene where Worf is forced to kill him once he's been Borg-ified.
    It wouldn't have been that hard... and it would have been a nice little "Easter Egg" for the die-hard fans.

When I originally watched First Contact, I knew that Lt. Hawke was a goner from his first appearance. Almost everyone who piloted the Enterprise for Picard came to a sticky end... look at that poor guy blown into space in Nemesis, or what became of Ro Laren.

IIRC Ro Laren at least survived TNG, didn't she?

Tricky, I like your train of thought. I have wondered more than once which TNG episodes would make for a good RPG-adventure sequel. Arsenal of Freedom repeatedly made that list.
    I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig.
    You get dirty and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw

I've got a sequel to "Justice" I want to playtest sometime...

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    IIRC Ro Laren at least survived TNG, didn't she?

Tricky, I like your train of thought. I have wondered more than once which TNG episodes would make for a good RPG-adventure sequel. Arsenal of Freedom repeatedly made that list.
    She survived and was the original choice for Bajoran XO on DS9.

The further DS9 Adventures in Nobels do bring her in as Constable on DS9 post Odo, and even have her rejoin Starfleet, surprisingly with Picards support. But all that is Beta Canon.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

In my game continuity, she was on a Starfleet mission with Picard's knowledge, and was captured by the Dominion. She was abanddoned with a lot of other prisoners including Tom Riker and Sito Jaxa. When they were rescued by USS Challenger, Sito returned to duty and is now the Tactical Officer on Starbase Cretok Nor, while Ro stayed with Riker as part of the Renegade Maquis faction and continued to feed the Federation info on their mavoments. In 2381 she surrendered to the crew on the USS Rising Sun and following devriefing (under the cover of being interned for her Maquis activities) was returned to duty as the new Security Cief of DS9, but still feeds (false) information to Riker and his renegades, which also include Leyton and has covert Section 31 allies. Continuit 'R' Us.