Thread: Planet Help

Planet Help

Hey, help.

Are there any joint Human/Klingon colony worlds other than Sheridan III from FASA Trek?

I am most curious if one showed up in books, or comics, or whatever.

Thanks in advance!

You're in the 25th century, right?

Depending on how well you think things like Pax Organia and the Khitomer Accords worked out/continue to work out in your timeline, you could have Nimbus III, which would also give you the Romulans to play with. There's Sherman's Planet, which some stories had becoming a joint world sometime between "The Trouble with Tribbles" and shortly after the end of The Undiscovered Country. I know Khitomer itself was always portrayed as a Klingon colony in TNG, but it always struck me as making more sense for it to be a joint world, as well.

But the canon is woefully lacking in examples for something like this.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    You're in the 25th century, right?
    Nope, Ultimate Star Trek 23rd Century

Depending on how well you think things like Pax Organia and the Khitomer Accords worked out/continue to work out in your timeline, you could have Nimbus III, which would also give you the Romulans to play with. There's Sherman's Planet, which some stories had becoming a joint world sometime between "The Trouble with Tribbles" and shortly after the end of The Undiscovered Country. I know Khitomer itself was always portrayed as a Klingon colony in TNG, but it always struck me as making more sense for it to be a joint world, as well.

But the canon is woefully lacking in examples for something like this.
    I agree and non-canon is all variations of "Sherman's Planet". Sheridan's World and Maggie's World are the two I have seen.

Ugh...

Sorry, I seemed to recall you talking about the Enterprise-H, which is what led me there.

Yeah, for 23rd century...there's not much. They weren't real friendly back then....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    Sorry, I seemed to recall you talking about the Enterprise-H, which is what led me there.
    Yeah ... that was a ... er ... Side trek?

Yeah, for 23rd century...there's not much. They weren't real friendly back then....
    Which is exactly the point for the idea I am doing, just wanted to make sure there wasn't already something done before I do it

Well, I'll second Patrick's suggestion of Nimbus III. Star Trek V mentions that the "Great Experiment" began 20 years earlier.

As disappointed as I was in V as a Star Trek movie, I've always felt that it was rife with rpg plot lines.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Nimbus III couldn't be less ideal for what I need sadly. Nope, just wanted to make sure I wasn't reinventing the wheel, so now I can go ahead and make my own.

Thanks gang

Maggies World? Don't remember that one off the top of my head. My Google-fu is also eluding me. Can someone elaborate please?
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

It's from one of the DC comics Star Trek series of comics I think from the early 80s

D'oh! That's right, NOW I remember! Thanks, AslanC

Mark
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!