Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Series Idea I'm putting together

Quote Originally Posted by RealPity View Post
    Incidentily, which system do you use? If LUG I'm sure you already know about MacTavish's excellent Artificial Lifeforms and Borg .pdf's ... some ideas could be gleaned from them if you go this route ...
    I'm still on the fence on this one. I've played a fair bit of LUG, but I've only ever run using FASA or decipher. I had toyed with converting Far Trek ( a home brew) into Mini6 (a star wars D6 mod) but I will likely pull something out of the box as I'm lazy by nature. lol
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Glad you liked my suggestions on super-soldier origin/abilities. Good to know I "still got it" when it comes to antagonist creation.

Last night I had an interesting thought cross my mind about your idea: What if they weren't creating a Super Soldier? The J'em Hadar were a bit threat in the war, but they weren't the thing that gave the FED the willies, were they? They feared the ultimate infiltrator, a being that could perfectly imitate friends, family, anyone. A life form that could pass through all their sensors, fool all their telepaths, walk right up to the FED President in the shape of his wife, kill him in front of everyone, resist sustained phaser fire, and jump out a window to escape.

What if the people at that station were trying to domesticate/indoctrinate/brainwash a FOUNDER?

We know the Founders released lots of baby changelings (a hundred or so) into the galaxy, to find their own way home. We've seen 3 of them. What if someone got a hold of one, and thought they could turn it to their own devices. A changeling loyal to Section 31 would be a powerful weapon, able to blend in anywhere, not needing food or more than 4 hours of rest, resistant to stun and telepathy effects, and not showing up in scanners.

On DS9, they said that Section 31 used Odo to create the anti-Founder plague, but what if they had another source to work with?

Just food for thoughts.

Hmmm..I wonder If a founder doesn't "up" the lethality a bit. Look like anyone, near impossible to kill. It add some interesting roleplaying possibilities to be honest. The characters interacting with the now behind their borders Dominion. Do they help the fledgling founder go home or keep it locked up? I'm torn to be honest.

As for systems, I am leaning towards Savage Worlds. I want a rules lite system I can run with. Still not %100 but *shrugs*
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Small update: I've decided to switch out a runabout for an old Ju'Day patrol vessel. I've taken Owen's excellent revised plans and tweaked tem for my needs. I like the Idea of an "actual" starship better able to handle itself but also a very old one, not able to handle anything big mind you. I've always thought of the Ju'day as the federation looking at the BoP and going we can make something like that.

- Carl Zwanzig