Thread: Blind Luck Trait

Blind Luck Trait

Question: On the Blind Luck Trait the effect says: “The effect is unique to this vessel alone and may not be reproduced intentionally in mass production.” Then why does Borg vessels seem to have this trait as mass production?.

How would you do Dominion long range transporters? Quote from Memory Alpha: “Dominion transporters utilized transponders which enabled them to transport individuals across distances as far as three light years. (DS9: “Covenant”)”

Looking forward to some answers and insights to these questions. Thank you .
    Last edited by skree; 10-04-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    Hodor !

Borg vessels are, by definition, not mass produced, but rather constructed organically. Additionally, each individual Borg is essentially 'hand-crafted' as well.

You'll never look at the Arts and Crafts movement the same way again!
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Borg vessels are, by definition, not mass produced, but rather constructed organically. Additionally, each individual Borg is essentially 'hand-crafted' as well.
    Thank you for the reply. But how would one do Dominion Transporters with a 3 LY range other than with the Blind Luck Trait?
    Hodor !

Quote Originally Posted by skree View Post
    Thank you for the reply. But how would one do Dominion Transporters with a 3 LY range other than with the Blind Luck Trait?
    Create a new trait, "Dominion Transporters." IIRC, however, the 3 LY range requires extra technical assistance from homing transponders to function, so you probably don't need to include that in the ship's stats anyway.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I am leaning towards the Dominion LR transporters being a Blind Luck effect. My reasoning is (IIRC) the Dominion could also beam through shields.
    Hodor !

Quote Originally Posted by skree View Post
    I am leaning towards the Dominion LR transporters being a Blind Luck effect. My reasoning is (IIRC) the Dominion could also beam through shields.
    Only for a season or two.