Thread: OMS Kamerain

OMS Kamerain

I'm doing a full set of deck plans for the OMS Kamerain from the ICON Book The Neutral Zone volume 1. A clear topside plan view was given, as well as deck plans for vital locations, so this one is being a breeze to do. Will post a link when I get it done. The ship is a seedy-on-the-outside, but luxurious-on-the-inside Orion cargo ship carrying 8 cargo pods. 158.2 metres long, 2 decks, space for 5 officers and 16 crew. It's lightly armed, with a front-end docking cargo port. Perfect for trader, RRR or SI characters.
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 10-31-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Here's a much-reduced sneak peek (now updated to final version!):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 11-04-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: updated image

Looking good and well up to the usual standard!!!
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Thanks, Dan. Just have to finish the bridge and sickbay, and the upper cargo pods, then it's done.

Minoe corrections. The module actually mentions that there are 24 lifesigns, so I made the crew cabins all doubles. This makes for a crew of 32 in addition to the 5 officers - at least that's what the ship has room for. The number of characters in the module need not be changed, though. I've shown the rooms as all the same, but in practice some may be singles or passenger staterooms

With a larger crew, the crewmen will have to take their meeals in shifts, but they probably do anyway, due to the need for some to stay on duty at all times to run the ship.

The link above remains good.

Question: The engineering room contains two levels, but AFAIK in order to get between levels level they'd have to walk all the way along the ship to the turbolift (which only goes between two levels and not laterally?) take that, and then run all the way back? Is there a ladder I'm not seeing?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

You're right. I'll have to put in one of those lifts that Kirk used in TWOK - the small open one. IIRC, it was when McCoy asked him, "What abot the inspection?" and he mouthed, "I hate them."

Thanks, Chris. I often need someone to go over things with a fresh eye and find those annoying details I missed.

Hokey doke. Two - count 'em - two new man-lifts in Engineering to save on shoe soles (damned lazy Orions!).

Also, I've updated the reduced image in Post 2 to a .JPG of the final version for those who want a more manageably sized image. -Enjoy!
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 11-04-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Owen Fantasitc work you should show this to the Treknographics 101 members also
    Looking forward to your next Project
    Live Long and Prosper Technically
    Bernard Guignard
    Project Manager TreknoGraphx
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trekno...yguid=89237652

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
    This is some really great work Owen.

More great material for your already information packed site.

Thanks

Brian K