A Few of Things

Here are a few of things that have been tumbling around in my head that I thought some group could use in their games if they so care to and I have been putting off on posting so here they are. Lately I have been just sitting watching the games as Dave has had the game playing more moral stories so I have been playing the computer chess and getting my butt kicked by a computer or I have been designing new ships for Star Wars Spacedock. Either I am getting too old to play or the computer is cheating when playing the game.

Here I have posted two additional systems that could be used in the ships. One is just redundant but could add a little something in the recovery of a ship after a disaster and the other just a little extra punch in a battle.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The other day I was watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, the episode of The Battle and Geordi said “I activated the emergency power cells, amazing they still work.” I assume that these are small generators that can provides temporary power for an individual item such as Backup Life support or gravity generators only. The Cells are possibly like the auxiliary reactors but are short term power generation of 3 to 5 power per round or as I would like to think that the power generation per part that is needed like a backup power like Emergency power when the ship has a total and complete power failure that includes all emergency power. I would say that this emergency power would cost 1 SU per item such as Gravity or Backup Life Support systems and will operate up to a week while the A ship that is undergoing repairs and would supply that system power either both or either one individually.

This would be different than the Auxiliary Power or Emergency Power that can be used in many other thing including impulse engines where these emergency power cells are dedicated for back up of life support and gravity.

It is a little redundant but it can be additional reactors.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It has been mentioned a few times around the forum here that they had heard that “Scotty had charged the Phaser banks” which is mentioned in The Original Series episode of Doomsday Machine. That would either directing power to the phaser banks or charging small reservoirs of power allowing the ship to fire when the power is disabled or something’s like in the Wrath of Khan allowing for a “few shots.” Something like this can be applied to one or more phasers a power storage cell like a capacitor that gathers power and hold power.

For space dock systems I would say that a storage device that could hold power for no more than the number of shot total of a single phaser bank or array. If the phaser can fire three shots then the phaser bank battery or capacitor can holds that much power only. Once the phaser are not needed the power can be returned to the ships power systems.

Here is the Spacedock Systems for the 23rd century Forward Phaser Bank from a Constitution- class Star ship with the power storage. Using the Spacedock equivalent that is EPS system and cost 1 SU per 10 power stored. The phaser can use the stored power whatever way it needs to such as half powered shots full power or even an over loaded power shot. Or that the charge could be connected to all the phaser banks and stored with the single set of shots equal to the maximum number of shots of the best Phaser bank or array. The recharge would be no more than 5 power per round.

Here is for per phaser bank or arrays.
Forward Phaser Bank <24 + 5 = 29>
Type: VII
Damage: 140 [14 Power]
Number of Emitters: 120 (up to 3 shots per round)
Targeting System: Accuracy: 4/5/7/10
Range: 10/30,000/100,000/300,000
Firing Arc: 120 degrees Ventral
Firing Modes: Standard, continuous, pulse, Wide- beam
Battery charge [42 power/stored]

Or…

One for all phaser banks.
Battery charge [42 power/stored] <5>

If wanted the power can be evened up to 50 power stored in the battery charge.

If used on one of my ships in the game I would drop the power production by 10 to 20 power from the warp power. I kind of find it a bit of a cheat to have this placed in a ship such as the Constitution- class Enterprise. But it is up the each games Master of ceremonies.

Not recently but when one of our groups that where renegade Federations members that were kind of like the A-team, had to buy a civilian ship as theirs had been hijacked by a Ferengi crime syndicate and was being sold as scrap. This was the first time that we had encounters such a problem. They were buying a used starship more than fifty years old in need of repairs. I did not think that they should be buying the ship at full cost of 10 bars of Gold Pressed Latinum per SU so I made a cheat sheet to alter the cost. This was originally designed for buying replacement parts for ship.

Ships with Federation and Romulan technology…+2
Ships with Klingon and Cardassian technology….+1
Ships with Ferengi and Minor races technology…+1
Ships with any kind of Borg technology……….....+4
A ship that has cloaking technology if in legal locations...+3
A ship that has cloaking technology if in illegal locations…+9
Historic or legendary ships……………………….+10
Ship has been illegally obtained.…………………-4
Ship is salvage and does not function……………-9
Ship is a traded in model and is fictional……….+/-0
Freighters, cargo carriers, and transports……...+0
Exotic alien starships with exotic technology.....+10
Warship based starship……………………….....+3
A ship that is more than ten years old…….…...-2
A ship that is more than twenty years old….….-3
A ship that is more than thirty years old……….-5
A ship that is more than fifty years old………...-6
A ship that is more than one hundred years old…-7
A ship that is more than three hundred years old…-9
A ship that is more than a thousand years old Museum quality…+50
A ship that has temporal travel capabilities……+25
One of a kind …………………………………….+30
Haggled price up or down modified by +1 or -1 respectfully on which side the Ferengi is haggling. A Klingon haggling using intimidation gains 1 either way and a Vulcan would loose 1 per direction as they are not good at haggling.

So if a Ferengi was trying to sell a Romulan D’deridex-class Warbird straight from the spacedock pages would cost a buy at 10 bars would cost 32,690 bars of Latinum. But under my chart it would cost 68,649 bars in a place where selling a ship with cloaking in legal sectors of space to do so and if it had been an illegal area it would be 88,263 bars. Fortunately the group had the Latinum for a battered fifty year old size three Miradorn ship from a Ferengi used starship dealer out on the frontiers edge for the cost Plus one being alien and minus six for being older than fifty and a Ferengi being a sales man costing a extra pluse one for 6 bard of bars for 4098 bar of Latinum instead of 6830 bars. This works best with parts for the ship.

Like the above Phaser Bank would cost 144 bars but if that had been a phaser bank from the legendary Enterprise it would cost 384 bars if the seller has stole the phaser and the price would be 288 bars.

For a ship that has been constructed out of parts from multiple ship the same chart that is above can be used for each part generating a price that reflects the ships overall design. I have never taken the time to calculate a ship that is of that style but I would find it interesting.

This full little chart can give any difference in prices with depending on the starting price.

Ill post more when I have more time. Feel free to comment or suggest adjustments to the above.