Thread: Dusting them off...

Dusting them off...

Getting the books out again to start my campaign up. It has been since 2012 that I put any creativity into Middle-earth, but with the Hobbit trilogy going on in the theaters and finishing my Lord of the Rings audiobooks the desire to play has returned. I think I might even do a read of the Silmarillion once more to really stoke the fires.

Anyway, I am posting here to see if there is anyone else out there making Middle-earth come alive with the CODA system. I own The One Ring but have yet to do anything with it than to read through the books. CODA still is my system of choice - bugs and all. If there are any Narrators out there telling stories, I'd love to hear some of your story arcs for inspiration.

T

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Nice to see someone else still active. I've not played I years, but I did make an attempt to keep material live and even make more. Got an email from a fan of my work some time ago and the old fire is stoking in me, too.

Come check out the archive: skinnerman02.wix.com/lord-of-the-rpg-archive

I am just reaching the end of running a two year long fantasy (non-lotr, my players just aren't into Middle Earth) CODA campaign and I have become very disillusioned with the game system. It seems like it was thrown together without enough testing and I do not have the energy to rewrite the game from the ground up.

My next campaign will be using Monte Cooks Arcana Unearthed rules.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-If you really think that your choice of game makes you better than someone who plays a different game, you are an idiot who has no further right to express an opinion.