Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uniform Color

At the same time I don't see Starfleet running your own local neighborhood library.
    "To boldly shhhushhh! like no-one has shushed before!"
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Jalu, I think you're sidestepping the question. What uniform colour would someone assigned as a Starfleet History Officer (say, at Memory Alpha) wear? Starfleet is a much more diverse entity than any Earthly military unit - period. Starfleet fulfils many military functions, sure, but that is a secondary role. Starfleet is a combination research establishment, Coast Guard, and exploratory service and has many academic functions. A Starfleet Historian, assigned to those duties, would wear sciences blue.

Historian-as-textual-researcher would be an indispensable part of first contact procedures, actually, along with archaeologists and anthropologists.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I would think that someone who is a Starfleet Historian, on Starfleet History, would wear Gold, as I would say a Historian would fall under something similar to the modern day duties of a unit or command historian who would often be Adjutant General Corps. Now a cultural historian, I can see being something more in line as a historical anthropologist or archaeologists as wearing blue.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

A Starfleet Historian in that sense would be a subset of Computer Operations, probably, given that 99% of the things they'd be dealing with were logbooks and other digital records. Those guys would probably be at major starbases, though, not aboard ships.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

This question is surprisingly difficult to answer. But I think the JALU3 and TDK have finally got the right contexts so some would be Sciences Blue, others Ops Gold, depednding on what kind of historian they are...

Nice. We need more conversations like this.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)