Thread: BRP Star Trek?

Question BRP Star Trek?

I wondering, has anyone worked up Star Trek using the BRP (Basic Roleplaying) system by Chaosium?

How close is BRP to the FASA version?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Not really sure...I've never played or looked at the FASA Star Trek material. However, I heard that it has some form of d100 mechanic but not exactly BRP.

Both use a d100 for all skill checks and combat with the object to roll under the target number. FASA has a far more detailed combat system, but in my opinion, it is very clunky. I never thought about comparing the two before and doing so now, they are reasonably similar.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

The quickest way to convert a FASA character to BRP is to simply divide all attributes by 5, rounding up, and calculating all derived statistics. Skills would transfer over mostly untouched.