Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Enterprise, Pre TOS

Here's the starship and uniforms
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Commander William T. Riker: My great-grandfather once got bit by a rattlesnake. After three days of intense pain... the snake died.

Funny story: the original model doesn't have an underside, because they guy was like, "Ehn, I know what angle I'm showing, I don't got to built the rest."

I really love that design though. Along with the Excelsior, BoP and Oberth it really shows the benefits of a 3d-early approach.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

It's so funny to read that someone else was considering retconning the Daedalus-class out in favor of the redesigned NX-class. I seriously considered that as well until I saw the post- Romulan War Enterprise novels...

Of course, if the Columbia-class is made of the refitted NX-class vessels, that still leaves me with a problem: I hate the Daedalus-class. I think it looks stupid, and - from a design perspective - it makes no sense (i.e. saucer vs. sphere). Who else uses a spherical section like that? Nobody.

So, I want to replace the Daedalus-class with something else, but not just anything. Frankly, I am not sure that I think the Daedalus-class should follow the path laid out by Earth Starfleet beginning with the NX-class [refit, at least]: saucer section attached to an engineering hull, preferably with two sweeping warp nacelles.

I was considering something more like the Oberth-class as a intermediate step between the Columbia-class and the others that followed after. The Oberth-class diverges somewhat, but still has the saucer section that I think most Starfleet vessels should have.

Of course, I have been gone a long time, so maybe I don't know what the heck I'm talking about anymore!

mactavish out.
    Last edited by mactavish; 02-03-2015 at 09:11 AM.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater