Thread: Named NPCs

Named NPCs

Well as promised I am still working on the Bajoran sourcebook, but in the final juggling I have an NPC that I have decided to excise from the book. Its a shame I rather like it, and quite frankly I reckon would make a great walk on or protagonist... But in the reckoning I just felt this didn't really fit the book, better perhaps for Raiders, Renegades and Rogues, or the Cardassian source material... It seemsed ironic in fact considering the start of the back story

So without further ado. May I present the surviving;

Iliana Ghemor
    Cardassian Infiltrator

Iliana Ghemor is a dangerous individual. Originally an operative of the Obsidian Order she was assigned a mission to replace the resistance fighter Kira Nerys. But in a deeply political game of Cardassian one-upmanship she found her mission waylaid and eventually scrubbed. Ironically in her guise as the Bajoran Kira, she found herself imprisoned in the labour camps instead, betrayed by her own people. Not that Iliana was aware of this as part of her mission required a personality change and she truly believed herself to be Kira. She remained imprisoned until liberation, at which time, lost and alone she tried to resume Kira’s old life, but found instead that the real Kira was already there… And it was at that point that Ghemor’s sanity cracked and the true extent of the lie became obvious to her, she chose a self-imposed exile from both Bajor and Cardassia and disappeared. Now Ghemor works for the Orion Syndicate she still suffers from some elements of the personality disorder but she does now know who she is and how she got there, and remains a high level, now she works as an infiltrator and enforcer, having built up a careful range of Bajoran and Cardassian aliases, and will undergo surgical transformation as appropriate. The most precious of her allias’s remains that of Starfleet Captain Kira Nerys herself, obtained carefully and with guile, Iliana is careful not to use this access in any way that would reveal the duplicate ID, it remains her ace in the hole that not even her syndicate employers know about. Ghemor is a dangerous schemer and seems to seek revenge against Cardassia itself, blaming her homeworlds petty political scheming for her past suffering and the Bajorans for forcing this position upon her. Ironically she seems to have a soft spot for Kira Nerys herself somehow including her as much a victim of her circumstance as herself.

Note. This is a slight alteration from Ghemors back story as detailed in the novel Fearful Symmetry. The truth depends upon your own game requirements, but both should be supported by these stats and it is credible that this may be a self described backstory? I wanted to try and remain close to the DS9 relaunch version, but not risk ruining the plot for anyomne that hasn't read the story in which she is brought back

Stats;
    Fitness 2, Vitality +1
    Coordination 2 Reaction +1
    Intellect 3 Perception +2
    Presence 3, Willpower +1, Empathy -2
    Psi 0
    Skills;
    Administration (Intelligence) 1(2)
    Athletics (Running) 1(2)
    Bargain (Bribery) 1(2)
    Behaviour Modification (Resistance) 1(2)
    Computer (Data Alteration/Hacking) 2(3)
    Culture (Cardassian) 2(3) (Bajoran) (3)
    Dodge 1
    Energy Weapon (Disruptor) 2(3)
    Espionage (Forgery) 2(4), (Covert Comms) (4)
    Fast Talk 3
    History (Cardassian) 1(2), (Bajoran) (2)
    Language (Cardassian) 2
    Language (Bajoran) 2
    Medical Sciences (Toxicology) 1(2)
    Personal Equipment (Communicator) 1(2)
    Persuasion (Oratory) 1(2)
    Planetside Survival (Urban) 1(2)
    Security (Security Systems) 1(2)
    Stealth (Hide) 1(2)
    Strategic Operations (Guerrilla War) 1(2)
    Unarmed Combat (Wresting) 1(2)
    Vehicle Operation (Shuttlecraft) 1(2)
    World Knowledge (Cardassia Prime) 1(2)
    Advantages/Disavantages;
    Shrewd +1, Strong Will +2, Wealth +2
    Medical Problem (Cobalt Diselende is poison) -1, Shady Background -2, Species Enemy (Bajoran) -4, Species Enemy (Cardassian) -4, Exile -4
    Renown. 0
    Aggression 0 Discipline 0
    Initiative 0 Openness 0
    Skill. 0
    Vesala 0
    Courage 6
    Resistance 3
    Wound Levels 3/3/3/3/3/3/0

More to follow as I pick through the list and decide who stays and who goes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

One thing I've always disagreed with on the Cardassian Template - the whole bit about cobalt diselenide being worth a -1 Disad. Why, for Gods' sakes? I mean, it's not like they have a shker of it on every table. If it was a problem with sodium chloride or something common, yes, but... I mean, why don't Humans get Disads for not being able to eat copper sulfate or arsenic, and gee, sulphuric acid burns my skin, I should get a -1 Disad for that! Vulcans must think we should, since I imagine they'd be immune to copper sulphate, having cuproglobin instead of haemoglobin. Players min/maxing is bad enough, but when the game designers do it - sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    One thing I've always disagreed with on the Cardassian Template - the whole bit about cobalt diselenide being worth a -1 Disad. Why, for Gods' sakes? I mean, it's not like they have a shker of it on every table. If it was a problem with sodium chloride or something common, yes, but... I mean, why don't Humans get Disads for not being able to eat copper sulfate or arsenic, and gee, sulphuric acid burns my skin, I should get a -1 Disad for that! Vulcans must think we should, since I imagine they'd be immune to copper sulphate, having cuproglobin instead of haemoglobin. Players min/maxing is bad enough, but when the game designers do it - sheesh!
    I agree completely... narcs me too.

To be honest some of the official species templates dont always hit the exact total of DP. Would be a relatively simple option to remove it or swap for another -1 disadvantage.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Cool concept. Would definetly be a nice start for a sequence of stories.