Thread: Working on a Privacy policy for the site

Working on a Privacy policy for the site

I'm currently poking on a privacy policy for the site. The basics behind it is:
    1. This is how technology works
    2. I have no intention to sell information to anyone
    3. I have no plans to use ads (beside I tend to not like them myself, the amount of added administration would not make it worth it)
    4. As I might hand the torch over to someone else in the future, a new site owner could have other intentions

So with that said, do this text make sense? Any suggestions to improve it? Any questions about it?

Privacy Policy

The use of Cookies:
    This site uses cookies as the forum application requires it to log in. Deleting the cookie is the same thing as logging out, and blocking cookies is the same thing as blocking oneself from logging in. As more and more applications change technology for session based variables, this site will most likely move to a non cookie technology in the future.

What we collect:
    * An email address when you register
    * Your IP-address when you register, and each time you make a post
    * Other statistics and usage pattern the vBulletin software is registering

Email addresses:
    To register on the forum, to be able to log in and participate, you have to provide an email address. Not keeping this email address updated would mean you won't be able to restore your password if you have forgotten the password, or if we have migrated to a new technology or other action that might lead to all passwords being invalid.

IP-Addresses:
    The IP-address from where you register and from where you post will be stored. This is to be able to counter spammers, people trying to circumvent a ban, or otherwise trying to circumvent the term of service of this site.

Usage patterns/statistics:
    This site is currently not using any external usage pattern analytics, like Google Analytic, to store usage statistics. But we might add such functions in the future. The forum software do register usage parameters.

Forum posts, PMs and profiles:
    Any information you decide to post in a public area of the site might be collected be third party at any time by the nature of the Internet. While keeping the system secure is a concern for us, no system is ever completely secure; so there will always be a risk some external party will gain access the information through exploiting a security hole or misconfiguration. While we work on keeping the system secure, we will give no guarantee it will be.

Anyone with full access to the server have by definition full access to any information on said server. This mean any trusted party assisting with the site on that level might have access any information stored.

We may however release information as appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. This includes, but not limited to, sending the first few posts of a new member to an external spam detection services.

Our intentions:
    This is a non-profit site that is currently being funded through the site owners pockets and people spending their own free time. In the future, the site might use adds or accepting donations. But there is currently no plans to add either.

The future:
    While there is no such current plans, we might in the future start collecting more information; to plan our strategy for the site or to start funding the site through ads. The site might also, sometime in the future, be transfered to a new owner, which might change the intentions for the site.
    Last edited by Cpt. Lundgren; 02-06-2015 at 08:09 AM.

Added a bit more text, as I noticed vB4 has some usage tracking.

Bumping this threads again to see if anyone has any questions, suggestions or opinions.