Thread: J'naii Racial Template

J'naii Racial Template

I could have sworn that somebody, somewhere created the template, but I'll be darned if I can't find it now. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

hmmm. Interesting. A Forum search hits only this thread. A look at Memroy ICON and the old TrekRPG Site hits nothing...

Even a plain old fashioned google search for 'J'naii ICON Species' gets nothing but the memory alpha link.

You might have found one that needs work. I will run one up for you and post it here later this evening...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Thumbs down Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    hmmm. Interesting. A Forum search hits only this thread. A look at Memroy ICON and the old TrekRPG Site hits nothing...

Even a plain old fashioned google search for 'J'naii ICON Species' gets nothing but the memory alpha link.

You might have found one that needs work. I will run one up for you and post it here later this evening...
    I nominate you for whatever awesome spectacular awards there might be out there! THANK YOU!

The search index hadn't been updated properly, so nothing older than today showed up. The index is fixed, so give searching for it a new shot

Found it! Thank you!!

The J'Naii are an androgynous race whose society has evolved into a genderless society. While they have a pronoun that is used within their own language, "he" or "she" is not considered correct, and "it" is impolite. (Narrator's note: borrowing from Peter David's words for the Hermats, in our campaign we use s'he, or, spoken sh-he, and hir.).

J'Naii are not a physically imposing race, and tend to be slender and shorter than human averages of both genders. They are at heart as passionate as human beings, which often suprises outsiders, who expect them to be emotionless as well as genderless. They are quite creative, have a variety of dances of great intricacy, and are consummate scientists.

Attributes
    Fitness 2 [5]
    - Strength -1
    Coordination 2 [5]
    - Dexterity +1
    Intellect 2 [5]
    - Perception +1
    Presence 2 [5]
    Psi 0 [5]

Skills
    Any Science 1 (2)
    Artistic Expression (Choose Specialization) 2 (3)
    Culture (J'Naii) 2 (3)
    History (J'Naii) 1 (2)
    Language - J'Naii 2
    World Knowledge (J'Naii) 1 (2)

* Note: Some J'Naii have gender, which makes them an outcast in their soceity, and they undergo psycho-tectic treatments to remove this "perversity." As a result, any gendered J'Naii in hiding also gains: Dark Secret (-3), and Streetwise (J'Naii) 1 (2) in order to make contact with others of their subpopulation.

The Doc

I appreciate the assistance from all of you!

Kent

Yeep. the search function is indeed fixed. And the good news.

This was created and posted in Nov 2001. In the thread; To Seek Out New Life Forms;
    http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...light=J%27naii

Not sure is the link will work right...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barratt View Post
    J'Naii

The J'Naii are an androgynous race whose society has evolved into a genderless society. While they have a pronoun that is used within their own language, "he" or "she" is not considered correct, and "it" is impolite. (Narrator's note: borrowing from Peter David's words for the Hermats, in our campaign we use s'he, or, spoken sh-he, and hir.).

J'Naii are not a physically imposing race, and tend to be slender and shorter than human averages of both genders. They are at heart as passionate as human beings, which often suprises outsiders, who expect them to be emotionless as well as genderless. They are quite creative, have a variety of dances of great intricacy, and are consummate scientists.

Attributes
    Fitness 2 [5]
    - Strength -1
    Coordination 2 [5]
    - Dexterity +1
    Intellect 2 [5]
    - Perception +1
    Presence 2 [5]
    Psi 0 [5]

Skills
    Any Science 1 (2)
    Artistic Expression (Choose Specialization) 2 (3)
    Culture (J'Naii) 2 (3)
    History (J'Naii) 1 (2)
    Language - J'Naii 2
    World Knowledge (J'Naii) 1 (2)

* Note: Some J'Naii have gender, which makes them an outcast in their soceity, and they undergo psycho-tectic treatments to remove this "perversity." As a result, any gendered J'Naii in hiding also gains: Dark Secret (-3), and Streetwise (J'Naii) 1 (2) in order to make contact with others of their subpopulation.

The Doc
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)