Thread: NPC list available?

NPC list available?

Hi guys,
    Recently getting back into ST RPG. I'm looking for a list of CODA NPCs - an expansion on the handful that are listed in the Narrator's Guide. I'm not after a list of main characters from any of the series - I have those, courtesy of many of the clever people here - but sort of a list of generic mooks. I'm putting one together as best I can, but it's extremely time-consuming, and I don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone's already done it.

I was hoping to find - at least - a Starfleet crew NPC list. So it would have, for example, each of the specialty areas listed in the Player's Guide for each occupation (Engineer - Ship Designer, Starship Engineer, etc), at different "levels". The idea is that I could quickly and easily throw together an Away Team consisting of a couple of PCs and a few "redshirt" security/engineering/medical officers.

Ideally, it would go further than this, but I was hoping for something like this as a starting point.

As I said, if it's not available I'll put it together over the next couple of months and post it up, but if it's already there, I'd greatly appreciate a heads-up.

Cheers.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

So, wait, what's wrong with using the NG NPCs for Away Team members? Do you want PC-level pregens, like this?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

A little like that, TDK, but more generic (I'm still nicking those ones you posted, though... ). Truth be told, I think I'm almost looking for a LUG-style Overlay.

Ideally, I would have about half a dozen of each professional package, each at different "ranks". For the Starfleet characters, it would actually be ranks - for non-Starfleet, kind of rank equivalents. So if I want to quick NPC, I could literally just use what was there, only needing to add in the species.

Does that clarify it a bit?
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

Okay, I'm working my way through them using a modification of GandalfOfBorg's most excellent Excel character sheet. I've completed all Starfleet Starship Officer specialties at Ensign level (except medical doctors, which I kick off at Lt JG), and I'm about halfway through the Lt JG levels.

Of course, there are some practical issues, such as making them all human, and all starting off with a specific Personal Development package, but that shouldn't be hard to modify pretty quickly to get a character you want.

I don't know how long it will take me to finish - I'm going on long service leave at the end of November, so I'll puddle along until then and then hopefully hit it pretty hard. I'll transfer them across into "standard" NPC format, but I'll also create a .zip file with all the Excel files for ease-of-modification. I dunno how I'll post them, yet - maybe Mediafire or somesuch.

EDIT: Oh, also, I've used a 10, 9, 7, 7, 5, 4 spread, but I've only added 4 to the attributes, not 8 - they're NPCs after all. Again, should only take two seconds to update if that's what you want, or you want to use these as a basis for a PC.

Does it have to be CODA? I have a crew list, all of them fully stat'd out for my current campaign, that you can use in your campaign if need be.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I have hundreds of ICON characters, including many, many converted from published FASA characters. In a pinch, you could use Don's conversion notes to CODAfy them...

I'd appreciate anything anyone's got!
    I'll probably keep doing what I'm doing as well, however, as I'm on a roll and I find this sort of thing relaxing once I get into it. I'd love to see any of the others, and attempt to convert them into CODA-fied versions as well.

Cheers, pplz...

It'll take a bit to strip the html and consolidate the characters into a single list. How would you like it - .doc, .txt or .pdf?

Don't go to any trouble, Owen - is it on your Memory Icon site as a web page?
    I can get it from there and do that work myself. Seriously, I appreciate the offer, but I don't want to put anyone out with this - I'm happy to have it in any existing format and I'll fiddle with it.
    Thank you

Only a small assortment are om Memory:ICON, mostly from the old Trek-RPG.net site. The rest are on my HD. I'll just zip up the folders and send them to you. There may be some duplicates that way, though. They cover all eras, from Enterprise through to the 31st century...

We ought to add them in here... I started a thread or two a while back for generic NPC's to fill out crews and opponants quick 'n dirty, along with named NPC's who were featured in an episode or two along the way. (for yuse as guest styars). Probably suitable to have named original NPC's too.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Thanks, guys - much appreciated.

Dan, I'll let you know when I'm finished. I'm about halfway through the "Lieutenant" levels now - but I'm back to work tomorrow so that will slow things down.
    On the other hand, once I'm past "Commander", there's only the Command stream for Captains and higher.

So far they're all in Excel format, but I'll convert them over to a text-based version so people can use them as simple stat blocks.