Thread: FInally Ran a Session.

Smile FInally Ran a Session.

So I was finally able to get a campaign going. Only have 2 players, One is the commanding officer and second player is science officer. I had them being assigned to pick up a old klingon D12 bop from a federation storage depot. It is post dominion war. When the players arrive in their runabout they go to meet the commander in charge of the depot. Once there they spend a night on board the reula type station and head out into the depot the next morning.

After the incident with the enterprise and the missing ships at the Z-15 depot all vessels now have a beacon that mnonitors them and their position. The players lock onto the signal but only to find the beacon floating alone in the co-ordinates of the D12.
    The players begin a search and request any infor from the depot CO. They learn that 2 companies have contracts to salvage components from the depot and one was here a few days ago.

They track down the ship who's vulcan captain has no clue about possible problems while at the depot. While digging into his crews backgrouns they find some information about one of the deckhands having gambling problems. They discover that he owes the orion syndicate some money but neither he nor the orions are forthcoming. (In actuality he helped smuggle an operative onto the BoP to steal it to pay off his debts). In essence they are at a dead end for the moment.

They are being assigned to the far end of the beta qudrant across from the klingon border for patrols just outisde the federations own borders. Starfleet needs them on station so they determine there is a Miranda class ship in the depot that they can use. The USS tempest was put in the depot in the 2330's because microfractures were discovered throuthout it's hull and deemed unuseable. It was decided because the losses during the war were so great that starfleet had no choice but to reactivate the tempest and seeing as their duties would be patrol and pirate interdiction that the ship would suffice.

They were ordered to pull the exsisting computer core from a nearby and more up to date Miranda and retrofit it to the tempest. This would allow them to operate the ship with the 20 crew total they had for the bird of prey. after getting the core installed and checked out they were good to go. They were given official command of the tempest and as we ended the session were going to head to start their patrol route.

The players are a bit worried (as they should be) but they also understand that starfleet is working with what they have at hand. They seemed to enjoy themselves and I'm looking foreward to what mischief I can get them into with the swapped core and the microfractures. I still have to decide how long the can go in their current ship before they get a new one. Still deciding on wether I give them another ship from say the adenture "Perditions Flames" or assign them a new one.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Nice to see you running a game, looking forward to reading more of what occurs.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

A new computer helping a crew of 20

run a ship designed for a crew of hundreds? What could possibly go wrong?

"M-5. This unit must survive."
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    run a ship designed for a crew of hundreds? What could possibly go wrong?

"M-5. This unit must survive."

I know right? lol.

Second session has happened we will be having our third on saturday.

Crew heads to area of their assigned patrol just outside federation territory in the beta quadrant close too klingon territory bordered by Nyberrite Alliance. Long range sensors detect a location beacon a days travel past the alliance in empty space. The tempest heads out to investigate. The beacon itself contains no ID or affiliation just it's location. When the ship gets into visual range they can see that it is a small station. It's hull is impermeable to sensors and doesn't show up at all. It has power but apparent inhabitants as the station was repeatedly hailed by the tempest as she closed.

The captain decides to take a shuttle over as there is no way to determine a transporter lock. He takes the cmo annd an engineer and a security guard with him. The station has what looks like 2 shuttle docking bays and they head over to that. The security officer is sent out in a eva suit as there is a pressure door attached too the shuttle bay area. After getting inside the shuttlebay is empty and the door is opened. They land the shuttle and begin their investigation. Tricorders work fine inside the station, but they can't detect any lifesigns. (I had a discussion about this adventure I was thinking on a while back here on the boards). The team spreads out and discovers bodies all over the station. All killed in gruesom and bloody fashion in a very serial killer kind of way. They find a laboratory and the holding cells and are abvle to determine that various medical experiments were being done on "subjects" being held here. The engineer also discovers that someone had purposely rurned the beacon on, and that someone had activated the stations self destruct but it had been turned off.

They were able to access the medical logs but almost all of them were encrypted. They took them back to the tempest to try and crack them. All the available info was sent to starfleet. The tempest was ordered to secure the station, and all the bodies for return to starfleet command and that they were to try and discover as much about the station and it's purpose. The captain assigned 3 personnel to the station. I operations, 1 security and an engineer. They are tasked with getting the station in order and occuopy it till starfleet sends another team to take over. After 3 days of trying they were finally able to crack the codes on the files and get some answers.

The station was black ops used during the dominion war to do supersoldier experiments using the angosian techniques that the enterprise D had encountered
    in 2366. They aslo discovered that modified borg nanites were being used and that one of the scientists was accidentally infected with them. From the DNA samples they found throughout the station that scientist then killed everyone aboard. There was a supply runabout that had been at the station 5 days prior so the belief is that the now supersoldier escaped on that. The players tried to backtrack the supplies and the runabout back to it's source but eventually the trail led to nothing as all as there was no known source for either that they could discover. The players headed to the Nyberrite Alliance, after gaining permission to enter their territory advising them that they were searching for a murder suspect. They asked if there had been any murders or any other acts in the last few days and were informed there were not.

And that ended their session.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig