Thread: Vanyar Stats

Vanyar Stats

Hello everyone,

Some friends of mine and I are playing the Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game that was released when the movies came out around 2002.

I ran a game for them, now another friend is going to narrate the next chronicle.

I want to play a Vanyarin elf. Sadly however, the stats for the Vanyar are not in the Core Rulebook or any other source material. I looked online to see if anyone else generated some stats for them—but no luck.

I know the Vanyar never entered Middle-Earth after their journey to Valinor aside from when they journeyed with the Valar to fight Morgoth, but I want to play one the same.

We're all wondering if anyone has any ideas for how that stats should be expressed in the CODA system.

Comments?

Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Vanyar beyond what is mentioned at the Encyclopedia of Arda. Is there anything in one of the books that would make them template wise different from say a Noldor? Otherwise, I would assume a Vanyar having the same stats, and possible shifting around some skills to match up the character's background (as in, why the character isn't in the west).