Thread: Who are these species?

Who are these species?

Got to thinking upon a couple of aliens that as far as I know received no on screen clarifications... Anyone know (or decided upon) the name of these ones;

This charming young lady who must have depth perception issues...
    6223166220_9c5549494a.jpg

and this handsome chap from the far future
    hqdefault.jpg
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

The latter one appears to have makeup similar to the Yellow Dabo Girl species, but without better screencaps it's hard to tell.

At this point in the series Westmore was frequently mixing and matching pieces of older prosthetic pieces and recolouring them, leading to a number of Delta Quadrant species with Algolianoid or Promellioid characteristics. Check out http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/in...ed_makeups.htm
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

If it turns out that they are a random prothetic job for background use... Which is likely, I had thought to use it as the Taurhai (from the old ICON stuff). After all its the 29th century and the background had the Taurhai approaching similar goals as the Federation but from an opposing method. Its not unreasonable that in 500 years that this might be resolved...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

The first makeup seems to be a Federation member species - she was the doctor who delivered George and Winona Kirk's son James. The future one is a miscellaneous backgroung makeup (even though he's in the foreground of the shot. He could well work as a Taurhai in your version of the future.

In my work on the Klingon Sourcebook, I've lifted some of the study maquettes of JJ Abrams' Klingons for the old Klingon gods.
    Durgath: durgath 1.jpg

There was an "Art of Star Trek" book that was done for the JJ Abrams movie; I think they gave names to the couple of races they featured in the movie, but don't quote me on that. I just remember some really cool big alien guy in a Starfleet uniform. Probably should have bought that book. Oh well.