Well, I've started the new phase, with the PCs being assigned to detatched duty to DTI, as command crew aboard the DTI H.Beam Piper, named for the author of the Paratime Police stories (and of course Little Fuzzy, which I'll have to work into the game somehow). They've met their Mission Commander (the PC Captain is the ship's CO, but DTI is in overall command of the mission), a female Suliban DTI Special Agent named Shovan. She is a descendant of Sarin from the Enterprise premiere, and has inherited her limited shapeshifting capabilities (i.e. she can take on any Humanoid form of equal mass - she can turn into a Vulcan or a Klingon, or even a small Gorn; but not a table or a mouse like Odo could). There are a couple of other Suliban on board, and a multiracial crew. I've decided to make my DTI a little more pro-active than the one in Christopher Bennetts boks, with a subdepartment known as the Department of Temporal Intervention which actively pursues time travellers back in time to prevent them from damaging the timeline, but not reversing changes that have already been made fo fear of really mucking things up - walking a really fine line. I'm using a Thucydides class Timeship with some minor refits, the afore-mentioned Piper. The crew is mostly Starfleet or ex-starfleet, with some Federation Scout service personnel and quite a few DTI agents and technicians. I've been busy for the last couple of months detailing up the DTI and the Temporal Cold War, which is just a side conflict in the Last Great Time War, so you-know-Who will be showing up. I've already introduced the chracters to their 31st century Federation Temporal Agency contact Temporal Agent Jenna Noi from Bennett's books. I've been working out some of the other Temporal Powers, using bits and bobs from various books - even a tiny bit from JJ Trek. I've been having fun doing up images of the various crew - the Ship's Counsellor is a full Psychiatrist based on Fraier Crane, but with his Dad's personality. If you go to him with a minor complaint, he'll tell you to "Suck it up and don't be such a Wuz" as often as not. I found an image of Christian Bale as a Bajoran and made him the Deputy Mission Commander, Shovan's DTI Partner. The Security chief is Lieuetant Steve Tracey, using an image of Jack Lord and photoshopping him into a Starfleet uniform. His name is a tribute to Steve McGarret and Traci Lords. So much fun!

I also got to use my new Traveller 5 dice, which I got for Christmas.