Thread: My 1000th post... Just a bit of rambling and a rant

Talking My 1000th post... Just a bit of rambling and a rant

I'm up to a thousand posts :EEK: and almost missed it? This one can't go to waste by talking about email notification problems nor privacy policies. So, what to use it for? A bit of rambling about nothing and everything I guess...

First a bit of a rant...

Life has been a bit upside down lately. Part of it because I found out (back in march) that I could still graduate on the old rules, if it is done by June this year. After hounding them for a couple of month, I found out I could count a few other separate classes I have done, so I would "only" have to write my thesis. Knowing they have a few extra requirement added, and not wanting to waste a lot of time on another thesis (I did one where the "client" lost interest halfway, so I wasted a lot of time without getting anything out of it. Well... except some extra knowledge I could use while gaming) I hounded them for a few month to find out. All this while pointing out I preferred a quick answer that might be more limiting than necessary, as I would need to use vacation time, evenings and weekends for it. Quick answer, by pulling it out of them, meant late December; so I don't even want to know what year I would have got an answer, if I just had waited on one. I have to have an "external client", a company or organization, for the thesis.

By then, a close friend (close enough, so I count the person more or less as family) had got some mental problem; including me having to bring my friend to emergency mental ward. My friend is much better now, but it has really sapped my energy and quite a few things got placed on hiatus. Even if I would find time I could theoretically use to finish that degree, I need to put it on things giving me energy.

So, what am I doing...

I'm back at trying to figure out what I really like within roleplaying, so I can look for people and put a compatible group together. As a work mate pointed out, I'm far to picky I guess me primary being interested in cultural gaming kind of narrow the amount of potential players. I'm also currently trying to figure out of to create Character forms for the VTT Fantasy Grounds; either for pure online gaming, or to not having to have all gaming sessions face to face.

The games I currently tend to poke around with, is the Swedish rpg Noir and Exalted (I bought the PDF bundles at DriveThru about a year and a half ago).

Outside of gaming, I have taken up dancing again. Mainly Salsa, and I actually start feeling able to actually dance; after trying to learn it for a few years. I also just started to learn Argentinian Tango.

In a couple of month, an old army buddy of mine and I are planning to take the eastern route up to Sweden's highest peak in Sweden. A bit of walk over a glacier with snow shoes and a bit of climbing. Looking forward to it.

I'm glad your friend is better. I know from personal experience how important it is to have friends like you on whom one can rely in an emergency. Let's hope 2015 goes a little more smoothly for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    I'm glad your friend is better. I know from personal experience how important it is to have friends like you on whom one can rely in an emergency. Let's hope 2015 goes a little more smoothly for you.
    Thanks. I'm quite sure it will.

I share Owen's sentiment. I'll echo it.

I'm in troubled waters as well, still, the last two years have been eventful to say the least.

As I'm blessed with a quite large array of trusty friends I do know for a fact, how very important they are. Especially those that are like family. I applaud you for standing up for him and supporting him.

Take care, Magnus, and take another heartfelt Thank You for keepning this place alive and around.

All the best for 2015 and the next 1000 postings here!
    I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig.
    You get dirty and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw