Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NuTrek: The Ashes of Vulcan

The idea that there'd only be 10K Vulcans left seems wrong to me, mostly because it's a big galaxy. It seems more like a number they through out to the audience so it sounds bad. The Vulcans seem to be one of the first races into space (heck, the Romulan diaspora has been basically forgotten it happened so long ago), so they must have had colonies and Vulcan embassies and trade missions through out the alpha and beta quadrants. But I guess it's what we're stuck with.

I wonder to what lengths they'd go to improve the Vulcan condition? In my head, I just kinda accidently wrote Star Trek Darkness Rising (since the last NuTrek was Star Trek Into Darkness). Following the NuTrek plan of revisting classic Trek tropes, and focusing on the stuff that audiences know about Trek, we re-introduce the Mirror Universe! A FED scientist experimenting with quantum theory attempts to find an alternate universe where Vulcan wasn't destroyed. He finds similar signals to his equipment and locks on. Low and behold, he's found an alternate universe. Then he's jumped by his goatee wearing Mirror self. Cue credits.

Oh, and since rumor has it they want Patrick Stewart to be in it, Picard from the Prime universe shows up to fix it.

So, when does Paramount send me the check?

Vulcan's predicament in NuTrek sounds like a similar predicament from another familiar, recent sci-fi series.

mouyt.jpg
    Last edited by BytomMan; 06-09-2015 at 10:42 PM.