Thread: Star Trek Renaissance

Star Trek Renaissance

has any one here read this excellent Star Trek story? Set in the early 25th century and centering on the latest Enterprise (NCC1701-G, vessel is a Phoenix-class heavy Cruiser which is a show case for the latest technology developed after Voyager returned from the Delta quadrant). They have a lot of interesting ideas on developing Federation technology. I particularly like the Hybrid Quantum slipstream drive, Heavy Type 12 and 14 phasers, Polarizing reactive armour (supersede's deploy-able ablative armour) and turret type rapid fire quantum torpedo launchers.

http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/rena...section_1.html

Why yes I have. I has been there for years. I have thought about making it up is spacedock but never got around to it. The ship is an excelent progression of Starfleet technology. The stories are not bad.

It's good that at least one person here is reading it....LoL (besides me) I tried to adapt the Phoenix class into Spacedock, but it wouldn't work.
    Phoenix class 569.26m SC 7 2750 SU max.(as in there wasn't enough SU's, the 25 type 12 phaser's cost 880 su's alone). Renaissance is IMHO excellent, well worth the read.

There may have to be some adjustments to the number of weapons and the number of shots fired. I will post the verious versions when complete it, in spacedock section. You are right the SU's will be over the top by around a thousand or a little more with a just look at the ships specs. I can see that this would be a ship that would work perfectly in ICON.

they give a detailed write up of all the various systems, and it is an easy process of extrapolation, I personally think just write it up and not worry about total SU's, or redefine the SU (say flat space storage, or pattern buffer storage, or trans-dimensional storage, increasing SU's to suit the vessel rather then the vessel to the standard Spacedock SU's.)

The Heavy Type 14 phaser arrays for example (which there are 6 arrays on the Phoenix-class) are capable of 3 shots/rnd, and have a range of 900000km's (specifically states the Heavy arrays have 3 time the range of standard phaser arrays, because of advanced collimation and ACB jacketting)

The hybrid Quantum slip stream drive is very interesting, Polarizing hull armour as well as the Quantum Induction cores (all of which I have had a go at defining) are obvious technology advancements as of the early 25th century. I will be interested in seeing what you come up with. I also like the Low Observation Suite (LOS), basically a variant cloaking device similar to an Energy Sheath hull modification, that Nighthawk-class Light Cruiser is equipped with.
    Last edited by WaveMan; 03-31-2015 at 06:08 AM.