Thread: Prime Directive + Ultimate Star Trek = My New Campaign!

Prime Directive + Ultimate Star Trek = My New Campaign!

Hey gang,

So my gaming group has been plagued by attendance issues lately. One session these 4 out of 6 make, next session it's the other 2 + 3 from the one before, etc... This has made running ongoing campaigns rough as hell, especially if a session ends on a cliff-hanger and one of the key players isn't there the next game.

As we lamented this on Sunday past, one of the players spouted out that we should have a Prime Directive game with a Cyberpunk attitude. Miss a session that is a continuation of a cliff-hanger and your character gets "red shirted" or "shows the audience exactly how the monster works"! We had a good laugh, but the topic kept going and everyone started to really get into it.

I reminded them how lethal a Cyberpunk ref I was back in the days, and did they REALLY want me bringing that attitude to a PD game?

They wanted this.

All of them.

Shocked and encouraged I agreed and started work.

First up we are using the original Prime Directive system, with the caveat that we will house rule or update the system as we see fit.

For my setting, it is a modification of my old Ultimate Star Trek one. They are also in the first wave of Prime Teams, as after the "Great Expansion", Starfleet looked at the vast number of bridge-crews that got waxed and decided to hell with this, let's do specialized first contact/away teams, and thus Prime Teams were born.

Here is their ship patch and their team patch. They wear one on each shoulder of their kick ass jackets that make them the envy of the console riders.

(Seems I can't insert images anymore? what the?)

They will be on board the USS Aegis, an Ares class cruiser that I have modified from TOS to be a Refit TMP look, here is my lame kitbash

(See above about images)

More to come as I work it all out.

Cheers!

Here are the images.

USS-AEGIS-NEW.png
    PT-109_Wild-Cards-New.png
    Ares-Refit.png

Sounds cool Aslan. I always liked the original prime directive system, never got a chance to play it mind you. Looking foreward to see how the game goes. Apparently there was an article to use it to make bridge crew. I know it doesn't apply as your using prime teams, but interesting stuff.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Thanks for taking a look Ice Giant.

Do you know where I can find that information you mentioned?

Cheers!

It was in an issue of captains log #21. You even started a thread about it looking for a pdf copy. If you still have them I wouldn't mind a copy myself.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

That was like 3 computers ago mate

I found them on ADB's website finally.

CL19_Pages_32-33.pdfCL21E_Prime_Directive.pdfCL22E_Prime_Directive.pdf

Enjoy!

I hear ya! Thnaks kindly!!

- Carl Zwanzig