Thread: Is there a name for...

Is there a name for...

...the era when the Excelsior and the Enterprise B were active?

I was toying with calling it Interbellum, but there aren't 2 wars on either side of it, sadly.

More so I am looking for Starfleet ships from that period.

Anyone got any ideas for what that era would be called?

Conversely, anyone got any links for cool/kick-ass starship images from that design period?

Cheers!

Check out the USS Balmung and the USS Mughiby Dan Uyeno.

I also (personally) think of the Apollo-class as looking like this Excelsior study model, only with a Constitution saucer and nacelles. Similarly, I picture the Merced as this Excelsior study model with Oberth-style saucer and nacelles. Finally, I associate the four-nacelle model with the Renaissance class. They all appear as tiny little pixels in the background of either Wolf 359 or Qualor II, so they're 'canon,' but there's still some wiggle-room in deciding what they look like up close, or their size, et cetera...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Check out the USS Balmung and the USS Mughiby Dan Uyeno.
    Very interesting ships those 2!

On the other hand those Excelsior studies are hideous

Cheers!

It's referred to as the "lost era" at least by the novels.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Lost_Era
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

I set my Star Trek rpg in that era (my game is from 2296-2330s) specifically for the reason that none of the TV shows or movies cover that era. This means I have some space to create things and it not bump into things that are already created.

I personally find it to be an interesting time. There are no replicators or communicator badges so it is like the original series. But with ships like the Excelsior out there being the largest ship in the area no one really messes with the Federation that much so you can focus on diplomacy and exploration.

I've been mulling over a sandbox-style game set on a distant Klingon border sector in the immediate aftermath of Praxis and the Khitomer Accords.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry