Thread: Star Trek meets the Greys

Lightbulb Star Trek meets the Greys

It's and Idea I've had floating a round for a while for a threat to be used during any era. The basic concept is this:

1. Let's take all of the legends/stories of 'Grey Visitors' and make them at least somewhat accurate

2. Let's make them at indifferent, possibly malevolent, to Sophont (most humanoid) suffering while they go about their business. None of that 'Space Brothers' nonsense.

3. Feed the motivations over dribs and drabs, but keep it...erm...Grey for the players.

4. Their technology, while in advance of Alpha quadrant, is still comprehensible, just exceptionally difficult to scan, and the thinking process in using it properly should be challenging (think Darmok, but expanded to using the tech).

5. They tend to keep test subjects around for a long period of time. Wither or not the subjects are still stable is open to question....

I'm thinking of generating scenarios for ideas, but would not mind a sounding board
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Well, Barash seems to be the only grey-looking guy around by the 24th century... unless you think the greys are a servant-species of the reptoids. Maybe the conflict Barash's mother was fleeing from was the revolt against the Briori?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

It seems to me that the Briori, the unseen alien abductors in Voyager's The 37's were the Greys. They were using Humans as slaves, so this would fit the second point..

Were there every any images of the Briori?
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Nope, never. The Human slaves had killed them off before the episode.

Is the name a pun on 'a priori' somehow or that just a phonetic coincidence?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Just a phonetic co-inky-dink, I'd say. Never made the connection, myself.