Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek 3

Star Trek 3

http://www.gamesradar.com/simon-pegg...trek-3-script/

Simon Pegg rewriting the script and turning in the first draft 4 weeks before filming is to begin. Thoughts?

I'm hoping for a humorous reflected on the extended adolescence of the contemporary nerd... in space.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

we all know the new Trek movies are in a completely different vein then any that came before (spoiling the flavor somewhat for purists IMHO), so I would expect more of the same from this one. From the article we might get a bit of FireFly/StarTrek fusion action going on, which for me could be very interesting (gotta love space/cowboy action) I just don't see how they could successfully pull that off.

He's on the record as wanting to make it "Less Star Treky", whatever that means. It bodes ill. Much as I love Pegg's work - Shawn of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, World's End, Paul, et cetera I wish people would stop trying to rethink Star TrekJJ and his ilk should stick to what they know. Pegg is an unknown quantity, butseems to want to ignore established fans in favour of the great unwashed populace.

they only care for ratings, box office numbers and making money.

I had heard about the "less Star Trek-y" comment as well. Given that I considered the reboot to already be as little Star Trek-y as possible (have not watched IotD but I guess it's the same), I'm wondering what could make it even less so.
    Maybe we'll get Kirk fighting the Klingons with a lightsaber.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

https://youtu.be/XRVD32rnzOw

So Star Trek: Beyond is going to blow up the Enterprise again?
    Last edited by Kirbinator; 12-14-2015 at 06:34 PM.

now that Abrams has destroyed the franchise it seems to be open slather to further corrupt the essence of Trek, Roddenberry will be rolling in his space grave....that was terrible. Looks like a bastardization of Galaxy Quest and Guardians of the Galaxy...
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Meanwhile Paramounts new film ST BEYOND is a disaster as many said after seeing the trailer. Paramount is RESHOOTING the film and added a major new character (SF Admiral) actress from '24' Shohreh Aghdashloo. Allegedly it will still get June release.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/star-trek-bey...y-n-1764347508

ST Beyond's new release date is July 22.

I'm not sure what they expected hiring the Fast & Furious director to do a ST film. At them using Beasty Boys track for the trailer.........
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

They want it to be even flashier and more action-packed, with less of those big words and, like, talking. Surprised they haven't cast Dim Weasel in a key role.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    They want it to be even flashier and more action-packed, with less of those big words and, like, talking. Surprised they haven't cast Dim Weasel in a key role.
    There'd be too much of a risk it would actually turn out entertaining.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Ironically they may see it that way. The first 2 films were successful and not overly liked by hardcore fans. So make the movies for non-Trekkers and rake in dough.

I doubt we will ever see Trek as it was, the way older fans would prefer it done. Tastes and expectations have changed (IMHO in many ways for the worse).
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.