Thread: New Adventure Idea.

New Adventure Idea.

I've just finished listening to Cathedral in the Void, episode 9 of Star Trek, the Continuing Mission (see the link in the Star Trek Chat area) and have decided to try running the scenario as a gaming adventure. the plot has a starship finding at the edge of known space an old Earth ship, the Derleth (named after a collaborator of H.P. Lovecraft's, August Derleth. It is derelict and airless, but still has dilithium in its warp core, so the crew beams over to see what's become of the crew. They find a scene of Lovecraftian terror involving the Great Old Ones - specifically, Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos. Very creepy. I'm going to run it with the DTI H.Beam Piper. I've pumped up the symbolism a bit by naming the Derleth's captain Charles Dexter Ward, after the character in the first Chthulhu Mythos story.. I've been picking up images from the Web (thank you, Google Images) to use. I've decided to make the Derleth an old version of the Bonaventure from the Star Trek Spaceflight Chronology. I've made the UESPA Space Force officers' uniforms from 2080 similar to current US Air Force uniforms with Enterprise-style jumpsuits (sans coloured stripes on the shoulders) thrown in for enlisted crew. For an image of Captain Ward, I'm using a still of Adam Baldwin's character from Independence Day. Images of the "cathedral" will be concept paintings from "At the Mouths of Madness" and paintings of Ryleh, Cthulhu's sunken city.

Are you going to throw in the Old Ones?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Mais oui, but of course!