Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Renegades

Star Trek Renegades

any one here know anything about this up and coming film? Lots of old cast members, and from the trailer looks great.

The ex borg drone looks interesting, this does look darker then the original Star Trek. I am surprised no one has any opinions.

Looks very promising. I hope they actually get Paramount to greenlight a new series. CBS television should not be bound by JJ's non-competition clause with the movies. Nice to see Icheb from Voyager being used. Chekov looks good for 143.

Good eye Owen, looks like Icheb has got some upgrades. Tim Russ (Tuvok) seems to be a leading force for this movie. As you say I hope this leads on to a series, been too long sense we had a running series. As I said Renegades is far darker then the original Star Trek and seems to not just focus on SF personnel and expands the story to include more Federation citizens in the plot lines. I have very high hopes for this, can wait to see it in full. BTW it is set 10 years after Voyagers return (so set in 2388), looks like they will introduce some new tech as well.

here is more info, a full site dedicated to Renegades

http://startrekrenegades.com/home/

another teaser

It looks promising I have no problem with it going "darker, edgier and action" as long it doesn't end up with "the story is just an excuse to get to the next fight sequence" or "problems are solved by shooting it with a phaser." The feel I got from the trailers, unlike some certain recent movies, this production team seems to point in the right direction.

I'm not seeing the 'darker' bits, unless you mean the lighting design...?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

from the makers of this

Renegades will be a departure from previous Treks – delving into the dark side of the human psyche, pushing our heroes to their limits, forcing them to carry out actions that they never would have as Starfleet officers. The rules have changed, and they realize they might be the last hope to save the Federation. Star Trek: Renegades will be action oriented, filled with suspense and espionage; all while exploring new worlds, encountering both familiar and new alien species, and boldly going where no Trek has gone before.

Given that Janeway committed genocide and Archer got all 24 in season 3, I'm not sure what's left for Starfleet officers to push?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I hoping for a more 'militant' styled, some of the best visual episodes, for me, were the later DS-9 massed battles episodes (the battle for Chin'Toka for example). Take into account I am a redneck at heart though. As I previously stated I think this will be more of a rogues series rather then the traditional SF focused series, which opens up the plot lines and what we can expect from the characters.

Honestly, the synopsis isn't grabbing me.

I see it as "The Dirty Dozen" or Suicide Squad, in space: You have a collection of rogues, malcontents and others apparently doing the missions that Starfleet can't or won't do. Like assassinate a head of state. Heck, the captain is apparently a descendant of Kahn.

I reckon you are spot on Tricky. They always seem to want to break the rules (as in no Augments can serve in SF), perfect example is Julian Bashir.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I see it as "The Dirty Dozen" or Suicide Squad, in space: You have a collection of rogues, malcontents and others apparently doing the missions that Starfleet can't or won't do. Like assassinate a head of state. Heck, the captain is apparently a descendant of Kahn.
    You mean Khan, not Kahn, right?

Could be interesting, or it could just as likely be another Babylon 5 Crusades.