Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has any one written Gomtuu up?

Either you ignore the SUs completely or figure out how it interacts with a self-modifying ship. One of the issues in 'building' Gomtuu, or any bioship, in regards to SUs is that living things are built through growth. Similarly, they can adapt to changing circumstances by modifying themselves at a structural level. Taking Gomtuu specifically, it was meant to carry a crew, but lacks one—but we saw it modify its interior space to accommodate Elbrun very quickly. Maybe its size is dependent on its compliment, as it expands to accommodate more? Could it grow on command to accommodate more bulky cargo? Has Gomtuu been 'eating well' during its depression? Maybe we're seeing an emaciated, shrunken version of Gomtuu, much smaller and wrinklier than you would see of a hale and hearty member of the species.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I have been thinking about the secondary weapons system, you could treat it like a modified Romulan Plasma torpedo weapon.

Plasma Wave Generator (Gomtuu can generate 1 pulse wave per round)
    Arc 180 degree's propagates from the vessel at .99c.
    Base damage 1500 (to all vessels/targets caught in arc) out to 1 MU (30,000km's) power 150/sht
    Dissipates at 6 damage/1MU
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.