Thread: Orbital Defense Platforms

Orbital Defense Platforms

In reference to this thread http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...-Energy-Cannon

Many cultures would deploy such defensive measure to protect such sites as sensitive facilities, home planets, space dock/construction facilities and/or mining facilities.

A couple of examples

Cardassian/Dominion Orbital Weapons Platform (as seen in the Chin'toka system, deployed during the Dominion war)
    (now I did take same liberties while transferring the write up over from Space Dock Dominion Source book page 159 as their math didn't add up (they didn't add the plasma torpedo magazine in at all), nor did they add in many of the required sub-systems so that the platform could perform independently. The actual write up also deviated from the Memory Alpha description (3 high powered disruptor's and a plasma torpedo launcher with 1000 plasma torpedoes), so I modified the Space Dock write up to come in line with Canon more precisely.

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wik...eapon_platform

Size 2 (approximately 20m radius)
    SU available 625
    SU used 619

Canon concerning these platforms dictates that they have a remote power source, though in the write up in Space dock no mention was given to this and they had a figure of 1300 for power generation, yet no actual SU figures for the power core were included, so I came up with this.

Power * remote power source, power is "beamed" to each platform from a Central Power Generator, in the Chin'toka system this was a fortified asteroid located deep within the system. I would say that all platforms would have to be with in 1AU radius to receive power. While ever the source is active each platform has unlimited power.
    *if the platform is self powered it has 1300pwr/rnd generation capability (straight from the write up of Space Dock), though this power core would be large (around 200 SU's and would not fit as per my write up)

Hull outer/inner <16>
    Resistance outer/inner 10/10 <24>
    Crew 0 (automated)
    SIF class 7 100/150 <32>
    *as a unmanned vehicle it was determined that they didn't need SIF B'up's
    Jefferies tubes <2>
    Fire Suppression system <2>
    Consumables 1 year worth <2>
    RCS <2>
    Remote Power Tap (including an EPS) +120 power <18>
    *I put the SU's at 6xSC for this system
    Computer core (1) <4>
    ODN <6>
    Computer automation <20>
    Lateral Sensors (1ly range) class 10 (10 str) gamma gain (+3) <29>
    Attitude Control <1>
    Comms class 10 (10 str, Sec -8) <26>
    Security (-)
    *anti-intruder system <2>
    *internal force fields <2>
    Auto destruct <2>
    TA/T/TS gamma str9 +2 <12>
    Weapon skill 5

Type 13 Disruptor Arrays (3) <177>
    Dam 280 pwr 28/sht 5sht/rnd
    Acc 3/4/6/9 arc 360 degree's modes std, pulse
    Range /30000/100000/300000km
    *each array is mounted on an extendable arm.

Plasma torpedo launcher (2) <44>
    Spread 4 acc 3/4/6/9 arc self guided
    Range 15/350000/1,5m/4.05m km
    *dual launcher's centrally mounted
    *plasma torpedoes cannot be multi-fired.

Magazine
    (2) 200 MKIII quantum torpedoes (dam 500) <40>
    (2) 100 plasma torpedoes (dam 900 over 3mu, drop off 6dam/1mu) <20>

Shields <132>
    protection 1200
    threshold 400
    regenerates 40/rnd
    B'up shields (4) <4>
    Last edited by WaveMan; 07-17-2015 at 01:45 AM.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Mars Defense Perimeter Platform

Size 3 (60m radius sphere)

SU available 1000
    SU used 994

Power type 17/w warp core (899 pwr) <185>
    *note the Space Dock version listed power output at 1400, I could not replicate that and stay with in the SU's

Hull outer/inner <24>
    Crew 0 (automated)
    SIF class 7 100/150 <32>
    Jefferies tubes <2>
    Consumables 1 years worth <3>
    RCS <2>
    (EPS) +120 power <21>
    Computer core (1) <4>
    ODN <6>
    Computer automation <30>
    *Gravitic sensor upgrade (used for detecting cloaked vessel) <1>
    Attitude Control <1>
    Security (-)
    Auto destruct <2>
    Weapon skill 5

Type XII phaser arrays (4) <236>
    Dam 240 pwr 24sht 5sht/rnd
    Acc 3/4/6/9 arc 541+ degree's
    Modes std, cont, wide, pulse
    Range 10/30000/100000/300000km
    *4 arrays ventral, dorsal, port and starboard. Gives 720 degree firing arc.

Photon Torpedo Launchers, standard yield (6) <108>
    Spread 10 acc 3/4/6/9 arc self guided
    Range 15/350000/1.5m/4.05m km
    *forward, aft, port, starboard, ventral dorsal (allows a launcher to fire at each quadrant)

Magazines (6) 70 torpedoes (usual load is 60 Type II photon (dam 200) and 10 MKI quantum (dam 400) per magazine) (420) <42>

Shields <56x4=224>
    Protection 1400
    Threshold 450
    Regeneration 30/rnd

B'up shields (4) <4>

Despite the name these Defense Platforms would be deployed through out the Federation. These spherical platforms are capable causing significant (easily catastrophic) damage to capitol class vessels. They are protected by powerful regenerative shields and have an impressive weapons compliment, capable of engaging targets in a full 720 degree arc.

Platforms are designed to network with adjacent platforms and concentrate fire , prioritizing targets by their threat level.
    Last edited by WaveMan; 07-17-2015 at 04:59 PM.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

I'd argue for the Chintoka platforms to have a power receiver that uses less SU per point of power than a standard warp reactor, but whatever is transmitting the power needs the Warp reactor and a massive transmitter. The receiver can only use an amount of power up to its receive limit, and the main platform can only transmit a total amount of power equal to its total power production, or its transmitter. Essentially there would be limits on both the transmitting and receiving end.

Example:
    Power receiver: 5 SU + 1 SU per 20 Power (or fraction) receiving capacity (67 SU for the model you designed above, and capable of receiving up to 1300 power. A receiver capable of handling 1281 power would also take up 67 SU). A regular structure using 1300 points from a M/AM reactor would need 280 SU.

Power transmitter: 20 SU + 1 SU per 200 power transmitting capacity (larger base unit is to handle transmitting to multiple receivers. Since the platforms don't move that much, it doesn't need to track them.) To transmit 1300 power each to 10 platforms, it needs a transmitter of 13,000 power capacity, for a total of 670 SU. Hmm, maybe smaller?) If the platforms only need 325 power each, it could handle up to 40 platforms.

Main reactor: A total of 13000 Power is needed just for transmission to the platforms, so the base installs a total of 20 Class S reactors, each producing 650 power (total of 2800 SU, so a size 11 base). Additional power will be needed for the base's shields, defenses, life support, etc.

The key advantage of the system is that the main base can send power to where it is needed, instead of some full-power independent platforms with nothing in range to shoot. Also, if a platform is destroyed, the original power generation is not lost, and can be merely transferred to another platform. You can even have the system set up so if a platform comes under attack in turn-X, it will divert as much power as possible into its shields on turn X+1. If it is no longer under attack, the power gets sent back to its weapons.

I am assuming that the M/AM reactor is more difficult to build than the subspace power transmitter/receiver array. (Though what the array is doing to local subspace is another matter, see Force of Nature for what could happen with excess use.)

To fight the automated part of the array, one tactic is to use your phasers to keep as many of the platforms under fire, so they divert most of their energy to shields instead of weapons. The other tactic is to not fire on a few platforms, so they keep swap back to powering weapons instead of shields. Hitting a platform when it has power diverted to weapons means its shields will be weaker, and you are more likely to punch through and damage the platform. But it will also have its weapons boosted, so be ready to receive the pain.

If the platforms are commanded by a central base, the named NPCs on it can change the settings as the Storyteller prefers.

The Cardassian system might even be developed in their pattern because it allows a central node to control the whole system, instead of a distributed network of equals.

For the platform itself, it would have fusion reactors to provide its base load power (life support, computer, RCS, attitude control, targeting/tracking systems, sensors, SIF, etc). External power would be diverted to shields and weapons. Consumables might be 6 months (little more than on-board fuel, everything else is kept on the main control base). Perhaps a little more power for basic shields, so the platforms don't get popped as soon as something arrives in range?

I like your solution, though I could not find a spare 67 SU's for installation, you would have to increase size to 3 so it would be able to fit.

As far as consumables, 6 months or 1 year cost the same SU's.
    AKA-Dean

Quote Originally Posted by WaveMan View Post
    I like your solution, though I could not find a spare 67 SU's for installation, you would have to increase size to 3 so it would be able to fit.

As far as consumables, 6 months or 1 year cost the same SU's.
    If it is supposed to duel with size 5+ starships, then a size 3 platform would be proper. Just explain that in order to make the platform capabilities fit within a small hull, most of the accessways were compacted. So instead of Jeffries Tubes, the whole satellite has to be opened up, doubling maintenance times. Since it is a fairly open design, this is not a problem, but means that maintenance teams have to be in EVA gear the entire time.

The other option would be reducing the amount of firepower the platforms offer, so it doesn't have as big a power budget. I'll compare the Cardassian ODP above with the Defiant and a Galaxy class starship (from the Ship recognition Manual 1):
    Category Defiant Galaxy Cardassian ODP above
    Size (Class) 5 8 2
    Total power available 455 742 1300
    Weapon power consumption (Beams + torps) 90+250 240+210 ???
    Shield Rating/Threshold 900/200 1800/400 1200/400

The Cardassian ODP was trying to squeeze a platform with more firepower than a Galaxy into a hull that is slightly bigger than a Runabout. I'd tone down the weaponry a bit to make it a threat to the Defiant, but a Galaxy would need several of these platforms to be a concern.

The book OWP has 1300 power available, but only uses 786 (104+40+2+480+160), plus change for life support (assume total of 800). So it is extremely overpowered for its needs. Even better, we saw the Defiant take 3 of those 'plasma torpedoes' to the fore, and that puts a limit of 300 pts for their damage, instead of the 900 listed for Romulan torps. Perhaps the plasma torps should be toned down as well?

One fun note is that the Dominion War Sourcebook Cardassian OWP was designed as a sphere, with the disruptors "Placed equidistantly around sphere so that any given target can be targeted by at least one, if not more, disruptors". That means the book OWP was a sphere, but from the graphic in your original post (and this video), that is definitely not a sphere. Perhaps the outside power ODP should be given a smaller firing arc for the disruptors, more power for maneuvering to bring its guns to bear, and make it a Size 3?

This is the Cardassian Orbital Defense System we used in our Dominion War Series of adventures.

Each of the satellites were powered outside of their own hulls. The command station can power around 50 to 70 of these satellites with overlapping fields of fire. Two or three satellites can easily disable to take down an Akira and inflict sever damage to a Galaxy class. While some satellites are dormant until there is enough power to power the satellites then they satellites will power up and start to fire on the enemy ships. Which satellites are powered are determined by the command station and are usually the ones where the enemy fleet has begun to invade whatever area that the satellites are protecting.

Usually all these satellites are located within the same MU with a planet or some other object in the area such as a space station or both. The range would be effective out to the range defending the planet even at maximum range.

These satellites may automatically fire on the target by sensing the ships power or sensor emissions but can be adjusted to target multiple types of systems that are specific to enemy species located around the galaxy. This kind of targeting can be devastating as it will only fire on ships that are in the computers targeting systems.

The combined fire power of a single satellite will be able to inflict 300 damage per shot with three satellites firing on the same target can inflict 900 damage. A Galaxy class can sustained three and half such attack before the shields are gone one hit from this weapon to the bare hull causes around 30 percent damage to the ship depending where the damage is crippling.

Power Transmitter and receiver
    Power cost: uses power that it transmitted
    SU cost: 10 x size + 1 per 10 power transmitted and/or received

The Dominion and Cardassian cooperation began using this system to power the weapons satellites. This was allowing the satellites to be powered with the protection of the power station and its defenses are their own shields and the satellites. Usually the power station is located on the surface of an asteroid and shielded with fifty or more satellites located around the asteroid.

The energy is transmitted range is across three MU’s of space and drops off by half after that for each MU.

After the defeat of this system the Dominion/Cardassian forces started installing a type 26 fusion reactor into each satellite and that was sufficient to ensure that the satellite was powered with enough power to fire whether the power station was lost in the battle.

Cardassian Defense Platform
    Commissioning Date: 2363

Hull Systems
    Size: 1 (3)
    Height: 40 meters
    Diameter: 38 meters
    Decks: 1
    Mass: 40 metric tonnes
    SU’s Available: 600
    SU’s Used: 360

Hull Outer <15>
    Hull Inner <15>
    Resistance Outer Hull: 4 <3>
    Resistance Inner Hull: 4 <3>

Structural Integrity field [1 power/10 Protection/round]
    Main: Class 3 (Protection 60/90) <21>
    Backup: Class 3 (Protection 30) <11>

PERSONNEL SYSTEMS
    Crew/Inhabitants/Capacity: None

Environmental Systems
    Personal Transport: Jefferies tubes [0 Power/round] <3>

PROPULSION SYSTEMS
    Reaction Control System (.025c) [2 Power/ round when in use] <¬¬¬3>

POWER SYSTEMS
    Power receiver: (receives 240 power/round) <34>
    Solar power: 3 absorbers (generate 10 power/round) <3 x 3 = 9>
    Auxiliary power: 3 reactors (generates 5 power/round) <9>
    EPS: Standard Power flow, +100 Power transfer/round <25>
    Standard Usable Power: 270

Operations systems
    Computer
    Core: [5 Power/round] <9>
    ODN <9>

Sensor Systems
    Long-range Sensors: None

Lateral Sensors [5 Power/round] <13>
    Strength Package: Class 5 (strength 5)
    Gain Package: Class Alpha (+1)
    Coverage: Standard
    Probes: None
    Sensor Skill: 2

Communications Systems
    Type: Class 5 [2 power/round of use] <10>
    Strength: 5
    Security: - 2

Tractor Beams None

Transporters None

Security Systems Rating: 3 <12>
    Anti-Intruder System: Yes [1 Power/round] <3>
    Neutralization Fields [1 Power/3 Strength] <6>
    Science Systems Rating: none

Tactical Systems
    Tri-linked Spiral Wave Disruptors <17 x 3 = 51>
    Type 4 (Class Garshep)
    Damage: 100 [10 Power]
    Number of Emitters: (up to 2 shots per round)
    Targeting Systems: Class Alpha (Accuracy 5/6/8/11)
    Range: 10/30,000/100,000/300,000
    Firing arc: 120 degrees
    Firing Modes: Standard, Pulse

TA/T/TS: Class Beta [1 Power/round] <9>
    Strength: 8
    Bonus: +1
    Weapon Skill: 2

Shields (Forward, Port, Starboard) <21 x 4 = 84)>
    Shield Generator: Class 3 (protection 600) [60 Power/shield/round]
    Shield grid: Type 0 (0% increase to 600 Protection)
    Subspace field Distortion Amplifiers: Class Delta (Threshold 200)
    Auto-Destruct System <3>

Auxiliary Spacecraft systems
    None

Notes: Additional weapons systems or with more fire power can be added such as a type II Photon torpedo launcher thee torpedoes only and larger energy beam emitters.

Medium Asteroid
    Size: 6
    Length: 309 meters
    Beam: 119 meters
    Height: 57 meters
    Mass: 1,050,000 metric tonnes
    SU: 2485
    Resistance: 3
    Composition: Nickel iron composite with valuable trace elements that are useless in the amounts that are present.
    Notes: Surface is pot marked with small impact of small asteroid hits to the surface with several larger impacts. The Cardassian/Dominion forces have constructed the power facility on the surface.

Cardassian Power Generators
    Class and Type: Umbrella-class Orbital Satalite Command and Control Facility
    Commissioning Date: 2363

Hull Systems
    Size: 5
    Length: 160 meters
    Beams: 75 meters
    Height: 35 meters
    Decks: 7
    Mass: 350,000 metric tons
    SUs Available: 900 – 1,900
    SUs Used: 6432

Hull Outer <25>
    Hull Inner <25>
    Resistance Outer Hull: 8 <9>
    Resistance Inner Hull: 8 <9>

Structural Integrity field [1 power/10 Protection/round]
    Main: Class 3 (Protection 60/90) <23>
    Primary Backup: Class 3 (Protection 30) <12>
    Secondary Backup: Class 3 (Protection 30) <12>

Personnel Systems
    Crew/Inhabitants/Capacity: 14/5/150
    Crew Quarters
    Basic: 10 <1>
    Expanded: 9 <2>

Environmental Systems
    Basic Life Support [6 Power/round] <20>
    Reserve Life Support [3 Power/round] <10>
    Emergency Life Support (30 emergency shelters) <10>
    Gravity [3 Power/round] <5>
    Consumable: two years worth <10>
    Food Replicators [5 Power/round] <5>
    Industrial Replicators
    Type: network of small Replicators [2 Power/round] <5>
    Type: 1 Large unit [2 Power/replicator/round] <3>
    Medical Facilities: 3 (+1) [3 Power/round] <15>
    Recreation Facilities: 2 (one personal holodeck, one small lounge) [4 Power/round] <16>
    Mercantile Facilities: none
    Personal Transport: Turbolifts, Jefferies tubes [2 Power/round] <15>
    Fire Suppression System [1 Power/round when active] <5>
    Cargo hold: 42,000 cubic meters <2>
    Locations:
    Escape Pods: None

Propulsion Systems: None

Power Systems
    Fusion Reactors: 25 type 50 (generates 500 Power/round) <25 x 250 = 5250>
    Locations:
    Auxiliary Power: 3 reactors (generate 5 Power/reactor/round) <9>
    Emergency Power: F Type (generates 50 Power/round) <50>
    EPS: Standard Power flow, +1000 Power transfer/round <125>
    Power Transmitter: (transmits 12,500 power/round) <175>
    Standard Usable Power: 12,500

Operations systems
    Operations (OPS): <10>

Computers
    Core 1: [5 Power/round] <15>
    Core 2: [5 Power/round] <15>
    Uprating: Class Alpha (+1) [1 power/round] <4>
    ODN <15>

Sensor Systems
    Long-range Sensors [5 Power/round] <25>
    Range package: Type 2 (Accuracy 3/4/7/10)
    High Resolution: 5 Light-years (0.5/0.6-1.0/1.1-3.5/3.6-5.0)
    Low Resolution: 12 Light-years (1.0/1.1-3.0/3.1-8.0/8.1-12.0)

Lateral Sensors [5 Power/round] <13>
    Probes: None
    Sensor Skill: 4

Communications Systems
    Type: Class 8 [2 power/round of use] <22>
    Strength: 8
    Security: -6 (Class Epsilon Uprating)
    Emergency Communications: [2 Power/round] <1>

Tractor Beams
    Emitter: Class Alpha [3 Power/Strength used/round] <3>
    Accuracy 5/6/8/11

Transporters
    Type: Personnel [3 Power/use] <12 >
    Pads: 4
    Emitter/Receiver Array: Personnel Type 3 (25,000 km range)
    Energizing/Transition Coils: Class G (strength 7)
    Number and location: located in operations

Type: Cargo [2 Power/round] <10>
    Pads: 200 kg
    Emitter/Receiver Array: Cargo Type 2 (20,000 km range)
    Energizing/Transition Coils: Class G (strength 7)
    Number and location: main cargo hold

Security Systems rating: 1 <4>
    Anti-Intruder System: [1 Power/round] <5>
    Neutralization Fields [2 power/3 Strength] <10>
    Science Systems Rating: none
    Specialized Systems: none
    Laboratories: None

Tactical Systems: None

TA/T/TS: Class Gamma [2 power/round] <12>
    Strength: 9
    Bonus: +2
    Weapon Skill: 4

Shields (Forward, Aft, Port, Starboard) <88 x 4 = 352>
    Shield Generator: Class 7 (protection 1400) [140 power/shield/round]
    Shield grid: Type B (33% increase to 1862 Protection)
    Subspace field Distortion Amplifiers: Class Iota (Threshold 450)
    Recharging System: Class 2 (40 seconds)
    Backup Shield Generators: 8 (2 per shield) <8>
    Auto-Destruct System <5>

Auxiliary Spacecraft systems
    Shuttlebay(s): Capacity for 4 Size worth of ships <8>
    Standard Complement: two shuttlecraft
    Location(s): Main Shuttlebay

Docking bays: None

Notes: To get the station to the desired power levels I had to go way over on the power generators and systems to get something that would power a group of satellites.

As an afterthought I should have designed it with a planetary power source sent to the asteroid station and then radiated our form this platform. I had not thought that until only a year or so ago. Someday I might generate a planetary power source and reconfigure the station to handle a lot more satellites.

when I have time this afternoon I will write up a size 3 Cardassian ODP, I am also going to do the Cardassian Dreadnought missile we saw in Voyager. I may also write up a "larger" version (say a size class 4 or 5) defensive platform designed to protect super sensitive sites.
    AKA-Dean

Revised Cardassian/Dominion Orbital Weapons Platform

Size 3 (60m radius primary platform with three extendable weapons pylons)
    Mass 1000mt

SU available 1000
    SU used 999

Power *remote subspace power transfer system (capacitor holds 1200 pwr, can receive 300pwr/rnd, must be with-in 1AU of their host Power Supply) <65+15=80>
    (EPS) <15>

Hull outer/inner <24>
    *self repair system <30>
    Crew 0 (automated)
    SIF class 7 100/150 <32>
    Jefferies tubes <2>
    Consumables 1 years worth <3>
    RCS <2>
    Computer core (1) <4>
    ODN <6>
    Computer automation <30>

Attitude Control <1>
    Security (-)
    Auto destruct <2>
    Weapon skill 5

Cloaking device class 10 <33>

Energy Dissapator <123>
    Dam *spec 25% pwr loss/rnd till depleted Pwr 120/sht
    Acc 3/4/6/9 arc 180 degree's 1sht/rnd
    Range 5/30000/80000/100000km
    *centrally mounted

Pulse Disruptors (3 type 13) <186>
    Dam 330 pwr 33/sht 5sht/rnd
    Acc 3/4/6/9 arc 405 degree mode pulse only
    *each disruptoris mounted on an extending pylon

Torpedo launchers, high yield (2) <56>
    Spread 10 acc 3/4/6/9
    Range 15/350000/1.5m/4.05m km
    *dual launchers centrally mounted

Magazines
    (2) 20 Class XVII plasma torpedoes (dam 1200 over 3mu/6 dam drop off per 10000km [.33mu]) (40) <4>
    *plasma torpedoes cannot be muti-fired.
    (2) 200 Type X photon torpedoes (dam 400) 400 <40>
    [note, plasma torpedoes are taken from Space Dock Ships of the Romulan Star Empire page 9]

Shields <56x4=224>
    Protection 1400
    Threshold 450
    Regeneration 30/rnd

B'up shields (4) <4>

These exceedingly powerful weapons platforms are designed to defend the most sensitive sites. They are designed to lay hidden (cloaked) till they detect a threat, then they activate and fulfill their primary mission. Each platform is fully autonomous and self repairing, and remotely powered.
    Last edited by WaveMan; 07-19-2015 at 08:40 PM.
    AKA-Dean

I would only call Jem'Hadar and/or Founder designs Dominion designs. This is a Cardassian design, or at most a Cardassian/Dominion design. If it operates on broadcast power, I would think you'd need to detail out the power generation/broadcast centre as well, whether it's planet-based or a separate orbital facility...

I will write up the asteroid facility when I get a chance Owen. I did plan on doing that, just ran out of time yesterday. The reason I put it as Dominion at first was because I added Breen technology (the energy dissapator).
    AKA-Dean

Ancient Neutron Stellar Fragment Orbital Defense Power Facility
    This facility is a 'hollowed out' Neutron star fragment.
    *note I used the guide lines of the Space Dock Cardassian Source book, and note page numbers for reference. I will say I have never written up a facility like this before (I have only ever done ships) and encourage feed back if I have buggered anything up.

Size 20 (12km length, fragment is shaped into a flattened ellipsoid)
    Mass unknown
    Decks 500

SU available 17000-24000
    SU used 19797
    (19897 if a Ketracel-While manufacturing plant is present)
    (22517 with Ketracel-While manufacturing plant and systems to support 80 platforms)

Double Hull outer/inner <200 outer+100 inner=300> (page 5)
    Resistance outer [4000] <12>
    Resistance inner 10 <12>
    *neutronium hull <160>
    *self repair system <200>

SIF class 7 100/150 <50>
    SIF B'up 50 <25>
    SIF B'up 50 <25>

Crew/pass/evac [1200] 12000/2400/60000
    *automation allows the entire facility to be run by 1200 personnel
    *facility houses a troop compliment of 2000 Cardassian/Jem'Hadar soldiers.

Quarters
    Barracks 500 (60 berth) <500> (30000 personnel)
    Basic 1000 (2 berth) <100> (2000 personnel)
    Expanded 1000 (1-4 berth) <200> (1000-4000 personnel)
    Lux/unusual 500 (1 berth) <500> (500 personnel)

Basic LS (caters for 128000) <80>
    Reserve LS <40>
    Emergency LS (120 emergency shelters) <40>
    Gravity <20>
    Consumables 5 years worth <100>

Replicators (food) <20>
    Replicators (industrial) 2 networks <40>
    Replicators large pads 20 (25 m sized pads) <60>

Jefferies tubes, turbo lift network <60>
    Fire Suppression system <20>
    Cargo bays 1000000m cubed <30>

Medical facilities (2 hospitals) (10) +2 emk 3 <100>
    CMO 5/6 per 4/5

Recreation facilities (10) (page 6) <80>
    4 holodecks, 6 holosuites, 6 lg lounges, 9 sml lounges, 9 gyms

Power cores
    Facility
    3 class 40/ex M/AM cores, (6000pwr) <1320>
    *used to power the facility, power can be diverted from these reactors to the transmitter array if required (at the eps extra power flow rate)
    Transmitter array (subspace power transmission array, all platforms have to be with in 1AU to receive power)
    6 class 40/ex M/AM cores, (12000pwr) <2640> <80>
    *designed to support up to 40 platforms, each platform can receive 300 pwr/rnd
    EPS (+1200pwr) <160>
    *Auxiliary power (100) (500pwr) <300>
    *Emergency Power (type F) (50pwr) <50>
    RCS <20>
    *allows for minor orbital changes

Control Center <100>
    Auxiliary control center <60>

Computer cores (6) +1 <360>
    Alpha computer uprating <2>
    ODN <60>
    Computer automation <200>

Sensors
    Long Range type 8 +3 <64>
    hr 6ly lr 18ly 10 str gamma gain
    *+15000 substances/effects <45>

*+15000 substances/effects <45>
    Probes 500 <50>
    Sensor skill 5

Tractor beams 15 class alpha <45>

Comms class 10 (10 str, Sec -8) +2 <32>
    *emergency comms <1>
    *holo comms <1>

Transporter (personnel) type 15 enhanced (10 rooms) <330>
    6 pad range 3ly str 10 class j e/t coils

Transporter (emergency) type 5 enhanced (100 rooms) <2900>
    36 pad range 25000km str 10 class j e/t coils

Transporter (cargo) type 11 enhanced (10 rooms) <320>
    1200kg range 3ly str 10 class j e/t coils
    *all transporter technology utilizes Dominion enhanced transporter tech, easily penetrate most races shields

Security (5) <20>
    CSO 5/6 per 3/4 10 brigs
    *Cardassian replicator anti-intruder system <20>
    *anti-intruder system <20>
    *neutralization force fields <40> (page 7)
    Auto destruct <20>
    Science systems (1) +0 <25>
    10 labs <2>

TA/T/TS epsilon str11 +3 <18>
    Weapon skill 5
    Auto destruct <20>

Flight deck (300 size class worth) <600>
    50 Jen'Hadar fighters
    50 Hideki-class fighters (page 33)
    *5 alpha tractor beams

Hanger deck (202 size class worth) <404>
    80 shuttles (a mix of Tharbalt-class type 3,5 & 9 warp shuttles) (page 70)
    14 Veras-class Armed Couriers (page 72)
    *5 alpha tractor beams

Auxiliary craft deck (200 size class worth) <400>
    200 work-bee's
    *5 alpha tractor beams

Weapons Towers (12) <1236> <1476> <24>
    the 12 towers are placed equidistant around the facility to give full 720 degree firing arc.
    12 type 24 disruptors
    Dam 500 Pwr 50/sht 7shts/rnd
    Acc 3/4/6/9 Arc 360 degree's mode std, pulse

12 Energy dissapators
    Dam 25% pwr loss/rnd till depleted Pwr 120/sht 1sht/rnd
    Acc 3/4/6/9 Arc 360 degree's mode std
    Range 5/30000/80000/100000km

Shields <2032> <2032>
    Twin shield grid system, primary and secondary, both can be active at the same time
    Prot 2000/3000 (if both active 4000/6000)
    Thres 650 (if both active 1300)
    Regen 50/rnd (if both active 100/rnd)

B'up shields (8) 2 B'up shields per shield (primary and secondary grid) <40>

This facility is the host power generator for up to 40 Orbital Defense Platforms. They also act as a staging point for a large compliment of fighters and troopers. Most of the underlying technology for this facility is Cardassian, though some systems are enhanced with Dominion and Breen technology. If Jem'Hadar are stationed at the facility a Ketracel-White manufacturing plant is also included (100SU's). Special note, only Vorta personnel would be present in the White facility.

There is space to allow for expansion, and another 40 platforms could be supported if another Transmitter array module (2640+80 SU's) is added.

All internal force fields are upgraded to "neutralization fields" and can be set to produce lethal effects if touched.

The Cardassian replicator anti-intruder system, when activated this system automatically sets all internal force fields to neutralization setting and every replicator terminal in the complex replicates a small, but powerful disruptor dome on its pad, and begins targeting non Cardassian (and Dominion personnel, so Changlings, Vorta, Jem'Hadar and Breen) personnel with disruptor blasts (treat as a phaser setting 10, heavy disrupt A [vaporize any substance, energy rebound prior to vaporization common] with unlimited energy)
    Last edited by WaveMan; 07-21-2015 at 05:47 AM.
    AKA-Dean