Thread: Stargazer Class (CODA) -- WiP

Stargazer Class (CODA) -- WiP

Admittedly, I'm not yet able to really put in any sort of stat block just yet -- I'm still trying to get information together concerning STO's Stargazer-class heavy cruiser, and that seems incredibly scant: I've seen a 355m length shown, and also a 395m length (from Owen's stat block he linked to his Stargazer-class query in the STO forum). I'm pretty confident that I can extrapolate beam and height pretty accurately, once I can get confirmation on the length. If either of those measurements for length are accurate, I'm looking at a definite size 6 heavy cruiser... which I'm not entirely sure I like, but I'll deal with, since it sounds like the Intrepid class and Luna class are both larger than the Stargazer-class would be. I'm also curious about some of the mundane things, like shuttlebays; I'm currently assuming 2 aft for 14 Size worth of shuttles.

At any rate, if it's possible and folks are interested, I'd like to pool together what information we have, so that we can get a clearer picture of what the Stargazer-class might look like.
    "Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong." -- Dennis Miller

As I stated in the STO thread, I came up with them on my own. Basically, I scaled the Bridge module against that of the Sovereign class and worked from there. I think that STO does themselves and their addicts, er... customers a grave injustice by not coming up with stats beyond the abstract game info. It's called verisimilitude! Google, STO! Mt complete stats in ICON format, can be found at http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...p/gamestat.htm .

Owen were you not setting up a series around the Stargazer at one time?

I had one extended "series seed". Set in 2405, the USS Sagan is a Stargazer class starship. The page is at http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...agan/sagan.htm