Thread: Comet & Stargate

Thumbs up Comet & Stargate

There is a new broadcasting network, Comet, that launched October 31st with the genre specialization of sci-fi. MGM is the primary program supply such that Stargate SG-1 is a good part of its programming (4 hours per day of 16 hours; 1/4) along with Outer Limits. Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe indicated to be apart of the programming at its about page. No word on Stargate SG-4 Looks like a lot of b movies with some good ones: Terminator, Moonraker (Bond). It is mostly carried on Sinclair Broadcasting Group owned or controlled stations (Cunningham, Howard Stirking, etc).
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Sinclair is going to move its wrestling programming, Ring of Honor Wrestling, to the channel at 12M. I guess I can see Sinclair trying to find a spot for the programming. While that takes away from the infomercial programming, I don't think that wrestling belongs on a sci fi channel. Does any one know if wrestling helped the Sci Fi channel at all?
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Comet is adding some series to its line up. Andromeda and Stargate SG-1 are staying (Eastern 2 & 10 PM and 3 & 11 PM respectively) and they are adding Space: 1999 starting tonight with two shows back to back starting at 10 PM Eastern time Saturday and Sunday. Godzilla Double Features are at 1 PM Eastern Saturday instead of their Sunday night monster double feature consisting of a Godzilla movie with another monster movie. Babylon 5 is also being added, which I did not expect with JMS indicating that the TV rights were over complicated such that he wants to make a movie, with no time slot indicated.

I was pleasantly surprise that they are showing Johnny Sokko and his Giant Robot on Sunday mornings.