Thread: 22nd Century Particle Weapons and Missile Launchers

22nd Century Particle Weapons and Missile Launchers

Since Star Trek Enterprise did not "define" what weapons systems the Andorians , Tellarites, or Vulcans were using in the 22nd Century I made a Table that is a bit generic than specific to these systems (according to my research the Andorians , Tellarites, and Vulcans use particle beams and perhaps missile systems similar to spatial torpedoes or photon torpedoes) : I came up with a more "generic" table for these systems. Please tell me what you think (honest input) would be greatly welcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by skree; 11-12-2015 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Updated
    Hodor !

while they didn't define 22nd century particle beam weapons it is easy enough to extrapolate from Space Dock what they would be like, using the laser table as a base line. A Type E laser would to my mind be very close to being what most of the 22nd beam weapons would be like.

(so su 10+ targeting system Pwr 10/sht Dam 100 Sht/rnd 2). The Type E Laser is equivalent in damage, as per Space Dock, to the Type V Phaser and the Type IV Disruptor.
    Last edited by WaveMan; 11-12-2015 at 03:45 PM.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Spacedock predates Enterprise by a year at least, though.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

whats your point?
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

I believe TDK's point was that of course SpaceDock doesn't cover Enterprise-era weaponry, because SpaceDock predates Enterprise.. As a side note on lasers, note that lasers are ineffective on Starfleet shields, according to canon, so would only be partially equivalent to phasers. However, lasers may still be able to penetrate 22nd century polarised hull plating if sufficiently strong.

I have edited my post, to reflect cannon concerning Lasers, I think you should say Federation shields act as double threshold basically making them ineffective. Though as implied particle beams would work against shields as normal.
    Last edited by WaveMan; 11-13-2015 at 12:43 AM.
    AKA-Dean

For spacedock creators I have posted my versions of the Enterprise Era ships with my construction note and here is the address. For those who use the basic version use the notes at the back of the Spacedock book to break them down.

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...ght=Enterprise