Thread: Iconan stuff

Iconan stuff

Iconian Probe Weapon
    Class and Type: specialized computer program deliver vessel
    Commissioning Date: 200 millennia prior to the 24th Century (Equal to 28th century technology)

Hull Systems
    Size: 1
    Diameter: 1 meter
    Decks: none
    Mass: one metric ton
    SUs Available: 325
    SUs Used: 189

Hull Outer <4>
    Hull Inner <4>
    Resistance Outer Hull: 10 <12>
    Resistance Inner Hull: 10 <12>

Structural Integrity field [1 power/10 Protection/round]
    Main: Class 3 (Protection 60/90) <19>
    Specialized hull: Atmospheric Capability <1>
    Planetfall Capability <1>

PERSONNEL SYSTEMS
    Crew/Passengers/Evac: 0/0/0
    Crew Quarters: None

Environmental Systems
    Consumables: one days worth <4>
    Personal Transport: Jefferies tubes [0 Power/round] <4>

Propulsion Systems
    Reaction Control System (.025c) [2 Power/ round when in use] <4>

Power Systems
    Power source (generates 50 Power/round) <25>
    EPS: Standard Power flow, +10 Power transfer/round <6>
    Standard Usable Power: 44

Operations systems

Computers
    Core: [5 Power/round] <2>
    Uprating: Class Gamma (+3) [4 Power/computer round] <8>
    ODN <3>

Navigational Deflector [5 Power/round] <4>
    Range: 10/20,000/50,000/150,000
    Accuracy: 5/6/8/11
    Sensor Systems
    Long-range Sensors: None

Lateral Sensors [5 Power/round] <25>
    Strength Package: Class 8 (strength 8)
    Gain Package: Class Gamma (+3)
    Coverage: one thousand additional substances and phenomena

Navigational Sensors: [5 Power/round] <9>
    Strength Package: Class 3 (strength 3)
    Gain Package: Class Alpha (+1)
    Probes: none
    Sensor Skill: 3

Flight Control Systems
    Autopilot: Shipboard systems (flight control) 1, Coordination 1 [1 Power/round in use] <4>

Navigational Computer
    Main: Class 1 (+0) [0 Power/round] <0>
    Backups: none

Inertial Damping Field
    Main <2>
    Strength: 1 [3 Power/round]
    Number: 1
    Backup <1>
    Strength: 1 [2 Power/round]
    Number: 1
    Attitude Control [1 Power/round] <1>

Communications Systems
    Type: Class 10 [2 Power/round] <32>
    Strength: 10
    Security: -8 (Class Epsilon Uprating)
    Basic Uprating: Class Beta (+2)

Science Systems Rating: 1 (+0) [1 Power/round] <6>

Notes: the Iconian Probe is designed to scan and deliver a computer program to any ship within 30,000 kilometers to rewrite the software of a ships computer system. The ships computers are deposited with the dangerous program and spread out from there infecting every system as it goes.

as I have pointed out before the most spectacular Iconian construction would have to go to their version of a Dyson Sphere, The Solanae Dyson Sphere has a radius of approximately 1 astronomical unit around a brown dwarf star. The inner surface of the sphere offers an area of ~1.4 x 10^17 kmē - approximately 550 million times the surface of the Earth. It was capable of traveling vast distances via its 'jump' ability which allowed it to travel through subspace. Plus it produced vast quantities of Omega particles....

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Solanae_Dyson_Sphere
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Sounds like more STO fanwank.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Sounds like more STO fanwank.
    each to their own, different people have different visions of Trek, only Roddenbury had the 'right' to say what is purely Trek and fan work is the ONLY thing we have left now....I would point out the TKon empire could move entire star systems, and in the Apocrypha in the link stating the Tkon was going to teleport their dying sun out and teleport in a fresh one, so the idea of extreme technology isn't unprecedented.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tkon_Empire
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Sorry to say we are talking Apple and oranges here. I am talking Star Trek the Next Generation episode of contagion where the Yamoto is destroyed and they travel deeper into the Romulan neutral zone to explore the planet that was Iconia. I am not sure what that has to do with the Dyson Sphere or Tkon Empire.

neither has anything to do with your write up mate other then giving another example of Iconian technology, and showing the technological differences between the Iconian's and many other Trek races), but I was make a point and defending my position by citing an example of extreme technology.
    AKA-Dean

Quote Originally Posted by WaveMan View Post
    each to their own, different people have different visions of Trek, only Roddenbury had the 'right' to say what is purely Trek and fan work is the ONLY thing we have left now...
    I didn't say fan work, I said fanwank - as in masturbatory crap. Most STO stuff is shit designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator of fandom. It only exists to sell gaming bandwidth - period.

I saw and understood what you posted and ignored the obvious pun. Should you not have put "IMHO" at the beginning of your last post?
    AKA-Dean