Using the Ships Main Deflector as a Weapon

The group wanted to use the Main Deflector as a weapon like the Enterprise-D did with the Borg in the Best of Both Worlds. I could not find anything in the books about it so here is the rules that I made up on the spot for using the Deflector as a Weapon. I believe they did the same thing in Enterprise against the Spheres in Star Trek Enterprise’s third season.

This is the main Deflector for the Enterprise-D as it appears to be in Spacedock.

Navigational Deflector [5 Power/round] <32>
Range: 10/20,000/50,000/150,000
Accuracy: 5/6/8/11

In the Best of Both Worlds the crew of the Enterprise-D installed power transfer conduits to the deflector and I would assume some kind of transformer to raise up the power output. Using the damage that the Phasers and Disruptors do to the power output I applied that to the deflector’s output. So as it stands the Deflector uses 5 power and the damage would be 50. Each of the additional points of power costs one SU to the cost of the deflector and doubles the damage that the deflector can normally do. For each transformer installed the damage is double, and that is adds a cost of 5 SU’s per transformer. Then there is the frequencies modulation that can double or triple the deflector damage with a difficulty challenge of 13 or better. The modifications to the deflector take 20 minutes per SU’s so the modifications would take five hours. With a damage output that would cause 1200 damage to a Borg Cube’s power grid. For the double of the power and number of transformers it is added double’s the range. The damage is directed against the power grid and the internal resistance is applied to the damage. With no power grid to transfer the power the power cannot reach any of the systems leaving the power to spill out over the systems causing damage to the ship eventually causing it to be destroyed.

Navigational Deflector [5 + 5 Power/round] <32 + 5 (additional power conduits) + (one power transformers) 5 = 42>
Range: 10/20,000/50,000/150,000 (20/40,000/100,000/300,000)
Accuracy: 5/6/8/11
Damage: 200

If there is some rule in the books, I could not find it with a quick flip through the book or a search of the PDF’s. Let me know if you know. If you have anything to add feel free. I thought that this worked out well as it was quick and slip shot written.

Enjoy