Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone else here interested in guns, bushcratf, survival and SHTF preparedness?

you are being pedantic and are trying to obfuscate the issue....a wiki definition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse

defined as "and end time" but not necessarily an ELE (extinction level event) we all know that one cannot survive an ELE but one can hope to survive an apocalypse.....so even in a full blown apocalypse some humans may survive, I count on being one of them, and let all the sheeple be/think like you....
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

So what is being unveiled?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

you continue to come to the wrong conclusion, what are you trying to do here? Draw me into a political discussion, so that I get banned from the site? How about you post something that is relevant?????
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Hey, you're the one who's excited about a future world where 95% of the human race are unburied corpses littering the tomb-cities of man.

What kind of life would that be to watch everyone around you die, having your family members and friends festering and knowing you can't even approach them for fear of whatever felled them? When any other person you meet in that empty hell is a carrion crow, an omen of death either at their hands as they search for food and water or just the invisible contagion that stalks the land? I mean, at least Charlton Heston got to go to the movies, but any public place, any human place would become a scene out of Bruegel.
    Last edited by The Tatterdemalion King; 01-19-2016 at 05:40 AM.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

How about you post something that is relevant????? Being prepared for such an event and wanting it to happen are two COMPLETELY different things, something you well know.
    AKA-Dean

I hope The Last of Us 2 is good.

like many have said, 'prepare for the worst, but hope for the best'.....
    AKA-Dean

Being prepared for such an event is easy; there's a dozen ways to end one's life in the average household.

so you have degenerated this thread into a discussion about pessimism and suicide???? As I have said now twice, "How about you post something that is relevant?????"

Do you have anything other then rubbish to contribute?
    AKA-Dean

What, you don't think euthanasia is an appropriate response to the end of human civilisation?

It's something you'd have to have a plan for in most civilisation-ending disasters, to avoid suffering for yourself or your loved ones in case your initial survival is just a delay of effect—not infected yet in the case of biological threats, or to avoid the lingering effects of fallout in the case of a nuclear exchange or a large-scale increase in toxicity in the local environment.

No I don't, I would strive to rebuild (maybe not in the current configuration but something like we have built), hope to survive the initial event and then attempt to reestablish civilization, what other response do you want? Are you so desperate to discredit any thing to do with survivalism???
    AKA-Dean

to be honest you sound like the protagonist at the end of the movie The Mist, having shot all the survivors EXCEPT himself and then being rescued. Do not give up, try to survive, rebuild and repopulate.
    AKA-Dean

If human civilisation just wiped itself out why would anyone be in such a hurry to restart the countdown?

there have been numerous extinction level events through out history on Earth, every time life has begun again...would you not try???
    AKA-Dean