Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone else here interested in guns, bushcratf, survival and SHTF preparedness?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Taking it as a joke is the sensible thing to do.
    only in your not so humble opinion. The thing is prepping and disaster preparedness (and to a lesser extent SHTF prep) has become mainstream, here in Australia our Government issues recommendations that every one have a 'storm kit' (basically a 72 hour kit) and if you live in bush fire effected areas (many area's all across the country) have a bush fire 'plan' (suggesting you have a plan for combating fires, preparing for fire season and escape plans). I am sure Americans would also be preparing if they live in Tornado ally. Also as I pointed out before greyman principles can be integrated into everyday lives. TTK you are under the misconception that survivalism/prepping is still fringe and continue to pigeonhole us incorrectly.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

recommended how-to build a 'black-out' kit.

AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

and this is the sort of storms I am subjected to on occasion (footage of Brisbane super cell 2014, my home city)

Last edited by WaveMan; 01-22-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    AKA-Dean

an example of a 'survival bow' set up for those with aversions to guns or want to supplement and broaden their projectile options.

and the two bows I have

Bear compound

recurve take down (my version of a 'survival bow')

AKA-Dean

here's a vid my old man shot while working in PNG, a Huli demonstrating traditional friction fire method

AKA-Dean

flint and steel tutorial

flint and steel fire making is probably one of the most recognizable traditional fire making methods. Many countries are very luck to have natural and abundant flint resources, unfortunately Australia isn't one of them as flint and other rocks (chert) that will produce a spark from steel are very rare. I had to buy my traditional fire kit.

here is my flint and steel kit with some char cloth embered

going hand in hand with flint and steel is char cloth, if you want to use flint and steel learn how to make it.

my efforts producing a batch of char rope and cloth

Last edited by WaveMan; 02-17-2016 at 12:13 AM.
    AKA-Dean

good vid about people just starting out prepping.

AKA-Dean

survival books

I don't own pick 3 or 2 but have and read the SAS Survival Guide, it is the quintessential survival book IMHO.
    AKA-Dean

my latest survival knife, the Schrade SCHF52m

AKA-Dean

and a few more recent purchases, a Cold Steel Roach Belly and Cold Steel SRK (Survival/Rescue/Knife)

AKA-Dean

and two new purchases

Cold Steel Canadian Belt Knife and Pendleton mini Hunter

AKA-Dean

just picked this up today Cold Steel OSI aus-8 sub hilt fighter

AKA-Dean

xmas present and now my EDC. RealSteel H6 Special Edition II

AKA-Dean

another chrissy present that turned up a little too late ReelSteel E-79 gentleman's folder.

and the two latest side by side
    AKA-Dean

just got another Real Steel, this one is my favorite by far; H-6/S-1 carbon fiber/G10, Sandvik14C28N blade, frame lock with “β plus” locking system. Came shaving sharp and fit and finish is excellent.

and my three latest side-by-side
    AKA-Dean